Faculty of Law > Academic information > Formalities
Go to content (click on Intro)
UdG Home UdG Home
Machine translation, text awaiting revision

Faculty of Law


Information about academic and administrative procedures

The UdG makes a series of electronic procedures available to students. These can be accessed via the "La meva UdG” intranet.

The catalogue of electronic procedures, which are conducted entirely online, is gradually being broadened to cover as many academic and administrative procedures as possible. At present, in the section on procedures relating to each student's academic record you can ask for: the cancellation of a call for a subject, the cancellation of the entire enrolment, a Grade Certificate (CAP), a replacement copy of the Degree Certificate, communicate and/or amend banking information, preparation of the documentation for legalisation, recognised credit transfer, degree and Diploma Supplement certificates and/or an electronic copy, for a qualification to be processed by a consulate or an embassy.

For the procedures that are not yet available digitally, you may have to enquire at the Faculty as to how the procedure is carried out and to follow the explanatory models.

More information on electronic procedures

Formalities specific to the Area of Law and Economics Studies

Are you a student from a different university or faculty, or even from this faculty, but you wish to change your degree? Do you think that between your degree course and the one you wish to access you will have a total of at least 30 validated credits at the time of applying?

If so, you can request a direct transfer. 

For the academic year 2024/2025, we are offering two places for each of the bachelor's degrees at the Faculty (Political and Administration Sciences - Criminology - Law) for Spanish-studies students and two places for foreign-studies students. No places are offered on the dual bachelor's degrees.

The period for requesting this transfer is from 15 to 30 April 2024.

The applications and corresponding documents will be presented online through a specific form you will find, together with the procedure and regulations, on the following link;


The individuals concerned will be notified through the Faculty’s webpage of the decision made on admitted and rejected applications on 31 May by the latest.

Are you a bachelor's-degree student at the Faculty and you would like to change your studies at the Faculty? 

If that is the case, you can request a change of study. This is a transfer among bachelor's degree studies with common curriculum sharing at least 30 credits in the first year. Students have to have obtain all the first year’s credits shared by both studies.

For the 2024/2025 academic year we offer:

Places: Two for each of the bachelor's degrees at the Faculty (Political and Administration Sciences - Criminology - Law). No places are offered on the dual bachelor's degrees.

Period for submitting the application and documents: 15 to 30 June 2024.

The applications will be submitted online through the academic record's procedures. You will need go to the "La meva UdG” academic record, look for the Procedures section and search the "Change study" section, and follow the instructions.

All decisions on accepted or rejected applications, which will be made once the proceedings have ended, will be published together. Applicants will not be notified individually, so anyone interested in the results will have to check them directly. The resolution will be published on 8 July on the Faculty's intranet (La meva UdG news).

If the resolution is positive, the Academic Secretary's Office will proceed to close the outgoing report and open the one for the new degree so that enrolment can be carried out correctly during the corresponding period. The academic fees in force will apply for the record transfer, studying the academic record (where appropriate) and enrolment of recognised credits.


Are you enrolled on a dual bachelor's degree and you want to drop one of the two subjects? 

Dual bachelor's degree students who wish to change to one of the single subject degrees that comprise the dual degree need only submit an application and one of the two subjects will be officially dropped.

Application-submission period: 15 to 30 June 2024.

The applications will be submitted online through the academic record's procedures. You will need go to the "La meva UdG” academic record, look for the Procedures section and search the "Giving up the dual degree" section, and follow the instructions.

Before you enrol, close the dual-degree dossier and activate the bachelor's degree you wish to continue; students who have applied to drop out of the dual degree will now be able to enrol on the study they wish to continue.

Under the Rules for academic progress in bachelor's degree studies, Article 3.2 stipulates that “Students have three qualification calls to get through for each subject or module. Students who do not pass a subject or module in the third call will be able to request a fourth and final discretionary examination session...”

To avoid the computation of one of these calls, provision is made for the possibilty of cancelling one of these calls, merely for academic purposes.

The deadlines in the Faculty for possible session cancellations are established thus:

  • For compulsory first- and second-semester subjects that finish at the end of the semester, sessions can be cancelled up to 10 calendar days before the semester’s teaching finishes.
  • For compulsory first- and second-semester subjects that DO NOT finish at the end of the semester and for optional subjects, sessions can be cancelled up to 10 calendar days before the course teaching finishes.
  • Bachelor's/master's theses (TFG/TFM) may be cancelled up to 4 calendar days before the deadline for handing them in. 

The procedure is activated at the end of September/start of October and when you carry out the cancellation procedure next to each course it will state the exact date on which the cancellation deadline ends.

The applications will be submitted online through the academic record's procedures. You will need go to the "La meva UdG” academic record, look for the Procedures section, search the "Session cancellation" section and follow the instructions.

Students about to finish the studies can request an early examination session for completion of studies, that is, they can ask to take the June examination session in February and thereby finish early.

TO REQUEST ONLY THE BACHELOR’S DEGREE THESIS: Students who have everything enrolled for completing their studies and all whose enrolled subjects have their examination session in February can ask to take their early bachelor’s degree thesis early in the February examination session. 


If you have 30 or fewer credits pending for completing your studies and you wish to move your June examination session forward to February, you will have to request that within this period.

To be able to request taking your exam session early you must have been enrolled with all the credits necessary for completing your studies, including recognised credits. The subjects whose exams students can ask to take early must have been enrolled on in the previous examination session and failed, with the exception of the bachelor's thesis (TFG) and external placements.

The period for requesting a extraordinary examination session isfrom 22 November to 2 December 2023.

*You will need to take into account that once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to change tack and sit the normal examination session.

Steps to follow for requesting an extraordinary examination session:

Students who wish to take an early examination session for a subject, so they can finish before other students, can start the procedure within the establish period.

You must go to the Procedures section of your file and search for the “Application to the administration” procedure. Once inside, choose as the area of the application "Assessment and Qualification", and explain that you are requesting an extraordinary examination session, specifying for which subject(s) you are requesting it.

If the extraordinary examination session is granted, the Academic Secretary’s Office will forward a list, to the teachers responsible for the subjects concerned, of students who have requested early exams and inform the studies coordinators of this.

Early exams will consist of the single examination defined in the subject's design. Examination results, appeals and reviews will be governed by the same criteria as those established for the other exams.

At Government Commission meeting 6/2020 of 8 July of 2020, the Faculty of Law approved the regulations and deadlines for asking for One-Off Assessments.

With respect to the deadlines, it is stated that, for those subjects that are taught throughout the semester, it is established that a one-off assessment may be requested up to 10 calendar days before the teaching for the semester has finished.

For those subjects, such as optional ones, whose teaching is concentrated in a shorter period, it is established that a one-off assessment may be requested up to 10 calendar days before the teaching of the subject itself has finished.

How can I request it?

You can ask for a one-off assessment electronically from your La meva UdG folder. Go to the section Formalities and search for the formality "Request to the administration" where you must choose theOne-Off Assessment area, explaining the reason why you need it and indicating for which subjects you are requesting this one-off assessment. You must attach documents justifying why you are asking for this type of assessment.

Once your request has been assessed, it will be granted or denied as per the regulations.


Official bachelor's-, master’s- or doctoral degree teaching includes specific situations that entail exemptions from or allowances on enrolment or administrative-procedure fees.

In general, to enjoy an allowance on or exemption from such fees students must the requisite documents beforehand.

The accredited conditions must be valid at the time the enrolment or administrative procedure is carried out.If the condition has been accredited in previous academic years and is still valid on the start date of the academic year (see the academic calendar), there will be need to produce any documents.

If your documents are currently being processed or pending renewal, you will not be eligible for the discount, but presentations of updated documents will be accepted up to 31 December for subsequently regularising your situation.

The situations entitling fee allowances or exemptions can be consulted below.

When a basic and compulsory subject group is full, only in justified cases can a change of group be requested.As for optional modules, once places have been filled, no more will be offered.

Group changes must be requested online through La meva UdG, in the Procedures - Applications to the administration section ("Group change" area). 

Application-submission deadline:

  • Group change request by students already enrolled in previous years on the same bachelor's degree: A change of group can be requested up to 7 calendar days as from the day following the start of the academic year (12 September).
  • Group change request for newly enrolled bachelor’s degree students: A change of group can be requested up to 7 calendar days as from the day following the start of the academic year (12 September).
  • Group change request by students starting the bachelor’s degree after the academic year's start date: If a student starts the course afterwards because they were given a place for pre-enrolment later, they will have 7 working days as from the day following the date on which they complete their enrolment.
  • Group change request for second-semester subjects: A change of group can be requested up to 7 calendar days as from the day following the start of the semester (5 February)

Changes of group outside these deadlines will only be accepted if the reason for the change of group arose later.

For group changes, the Faculty of Law Regulations on changing group for an enrolled subject, approved by Governing Committee 4/2019 of 13.06.2019, will apply.

Students will be able to request a compensated pass for a single failed subject so that the subject is approved in their record.


  • Having the academic report open.
  • The exam record of the subject to be compensated must be closed.
  • Not having obtained a compensated pass for any other subject.
  • The last qualification of the subject has to be 4 or more and, if it is not, this minimum grade must have been achieved in one of the previous qualification calls.
  • As an exception, if the subject's average score during the year that the compensated pass is requested in is below 4, the compensated pass may be granted if the score obtained is equal to or higher than the average.
  • In order to request compensation, the student must have enrolled on the bachelor's or master's thesis.

Documentation to submit

Students whose exam records are closed can submit their application from the Procedures section of their online report. The procedure to choose is the one named "obtaining a compensated pass for a subject".


If all the requirements are met, the decision will be automatic and viewable from the Procedures section, "Finished” tag.

The compensated pass will be automatically uploaded and viewable from the Virtual Secretary's Office from the day following the date of the decision. The score for the compensated subject pass will have a numeric value of 5.

Students who qualifications gained on official university courses, either from the UdG or from other universities, can request a validated credit transfer or the recognition of these studies so they can be included in their academic record.

It is necessary to sign and submit the application for academic recognition that you will find below together with all the required supporting documentation.

Application-submission deadline:

For students accessing pre-enrolment for the current course: from 14 July to 27 October 2023 and a special period from 15 to 28 February 2024.

For the general public: applications can be submitted during the academic year.

To submit the application you will need to go to the ‘procedures’ section on your academic record, go to "Application to the administration", and then choose "Credit recognition", where you will be able to attach your application.The decision will be sent electronically.

Article 3.2 of the Academic progress regulations in bachelor's degree studies specifies that students have three examination calls in which to pass each subject.

Article 3.2 of the Academic progress regulations in university master's degree studies at the University of Girona specifies that master's-degree students have two exam sessions for passing each subject.

If a student does not pass the subject in the available examination calls, they are able to request a final discretionary call.

To this effect, once the official records for each examination session have closed, an e-mail will be sent to all the affected students with the request application.

You will need to submit your application, which you will find attached, duly filled in and signed.

To submit it you will need to go to the Your Academic Record's Procedures section and look for the procedure entitled "Application to the administration"; once inside choose "Discretionary Re-Sit", where you will be able to attach your application.

The decision will be sent electronically.

Students will not be able to complete enrolment until they have received the decision.

Article 29 of the Regulations for assessing and marking students provides for appeals against their final marks.

Once the final transcripts have been closed, students may appeal against the final marks that appear in the transcripts, under the procedure established in the following sections.

  • The appeal, which has to be reasoned, will need to be presented to the dean’s office responsible for the degree as from the final closing of the transcript of marks. In any case, the deadline will finish seven calendar days following the date established in the academic calendar for closing academic transcripts  for the corresponding period.
  • The dean’s office will bring the appeal to notice of the head of the department the subject is assigned to, so that they can propose a panel made up of three lecturers in the same or similar area of knowledge as the subject’s lecturer. Under no circumstances can the teaching staff originally involved in the subject’s marking be part of the panel.
  • The head of the department, on appointing the panel, will set a maximum period of 15 days, starting from the day following the reception of the claim, where the panel, having held a hearing with the subject’s teaching staff and the student, will have to decide on the mark, which will be transferred immediately to the dean’s office for student marks.
  • It will fall to the panel to make any changes, with reasons provided, to the marks obtained by the student, whether to increase them or reduce them, in accordance with the criteria established in the subject’s design.
  • The dean will publish the panel's decision and notify the student and teaching staff within a period of three work days. 
  • In the case of oral exams already assessed by a panel, a review may only be requested where it is based on flaws in their form.
  • Claims against the TFG and TFM marks must be submitted to the dean and directed to the Chair of the panel that assessed them, within a period of five days following the deadline for the closing of the TFG and TFM academic transcripts established in the academic calendar. On writing the appeal, the student will set out their reasons for disagreeing with the mark obtained. This written document may be accompanied by a tutor report on the work on the reasons argued by the student.

To submit the application, which you will find attached, you will need to go to the Your Academic Record's Procedures section and look for the procedure entitled "Application to the administration"; once inside, choose "Credit recognition” and attach your application.

The decision will be sent electronically.


The Academic Secretary’s Office periodically chooses a list students who have finished their bachelor's- or master's-degree studies and reviews their records to make sure everything is correct.
Academic records completed as from mid-June will not be reviewed until the end of September.

After checking that all requirements for applying for the degree certificate have been met, the academic record is then closed for completion of studies and an agreed electronic notification generated and the degree certificate and European Diploma Supplement (DS) can now be applied for online.

This requires access to the Procedures section of La meva UdG and a search for the "Application for academic certificate and Diploma Supplement” procedure. The entire procedure, including its payment, is carried out online.

If we have been informed of any exemption or allowance, this will automatically apply. If you have an allowance we have not been informed of, you will need to inform the Secretary’s Office before you apply for the degree certificate so that the allowance can be applied for.

The degree certificate is generated in Catalan, Spanish and English. As soon as the certificate has been generated you will receive a confirmation email (this usually takes no more than a few minutes, although the process could take up to several hours) and you will have it available from the same procedures application’s “Completed” tab.
The document now at your disposal can be printed out as many times as you wish, whenever you need it, from your academic record or from the UdG’s e-Headquarters.

Once the degree certificate and the DS are at the UdG, you will be sent an e-notification from the Degree Certificates Section informing you they are ready for collection and the procedure you will need to follow for that. 



Students who have finished their studies will need to submit a degree-certificate application from the Faculty’s Academic Secretary’s Office and pay the corresponding fees. Their national ID (DNI) or valid passport must be attached to the application.

The application has to be completed by computer. A hand-written application will not be accepted.
To save time and avoid the need for making two journeys, please complete the application by computer and email a scanned copy of it to: secretaria.dretieconomiques@udg.edu, together with your valid national ID (DNI).

Once the application has been submitted, the Academic Secretary’s Office will review your academic record to check if everything is correct. Provided there is no problem, after we have checked all the requirements have been met, we will send you an email (to the address given in your application) with the payment form of the fees specified by the Catalan government. Once the corresponding amount has been paid, the Secretary's Office will issue a provisional degree certificate verifying the status of degree holder to all intents and purposes, so long as the final degree certificate is not available.

Students will have to come to the Secretary's Office in person to collect their provisional degree certificate and deliver their signed original application and proof of payment of the fees.

Students who are unable to come to the office in person may authorise someone else to carry out this procedure for them. The authorisation must state what is being requested and include a photocopy of the national ID of the student concerned and their authorised proxy.

Choose which types of cookies you accept which the University of Girona can store in your browser.

Those that are essential for enabling your connection. There is no option for disabling them, as they are necessary for the functioning of the website.

These enable your options to be remembered (for example language or region you are accessing from), to provide you with advanced services.

They provide statistical information and enable improved services. We use Google Analytics cookies which you can deactivate by installing this plugin.

To offer advertising contents relating to the interests of users, either directly, or through third parties (“adservers”). These must be activated if you wish to see the YouTube videos uploaded to the University of Girona’s website.