Cookies are small text archives that install themselves in IT devices which are used to access our website. Cookies record, among other purposes, a user's preferences and browsing habits. They are associated with the user and their team, but they do not provide directly identifying data. Some cookies, such as those enabling statistics compilations or advertising announcements, require the consent of our site’s users. Other cookies, however, those that are technical or necessary for providing a service requested by users, are indispensable for the site's functioning. Cookies can be classed according to their validity, manager or purpose.
According to validity
- Session: they are temporary and stay in the cookies archive of your browser until you leave the web site.
- Persistent: they are stored and read by the website every time you visit it.
According to their manager
- Own: belong to the owner of the website providing the services to the user.
- Third party: sent to users by a third party, separate from the site's owner.
According to purpose
- Necessary: indispensable for enabling your connection. There is no option for disabling them, as they are necessary for the functioning of the website.
- Technical: enable the control of data traffic and communication, the identification of the session and access to restricted-access pages, among other things.
- Preferences: enable your options (for example language or region you are accessing from) to be remember, to provide you with advanced services.
- Analytics: provide statistical information and enable improved services. We use Google Analytics cookies that you can deactivate by installing this plugin.
- Advertising: to offer advertising contents relating to interests of users, either directly, or through third parties (“adservers”). These must be activated if you wish to see the YouTube videos uploaded to the University of Girona’s website.
- Geolocation: to know the user’s geographical location.
The cookies we use
- Collect and use your personal information to operate within the UdG website and provide the services you have requested.
- Statistically analyse the information which our website users access. The collected data can include the user's browsing activity when visiting us, the route they use around our website, information from their internet service provider, the number of times they visit the site and their patterns of use (pages visited, forms filled in and similar information).
- Identify users who visit us at the invitation of an associated website or of a link sponsored.
You can obtain more information about DNN Software at www.dnnsoftware.com. To control the use and purpose of the data you can go to https://www.dnnsoftware.com/answers/dnn-platform-cookies-and-what-do-they-do.
You can obtain more information on Google Analytics at www.google.com/analytics/. To control the compilation of data for analytical purposes on the part of Google Analytics, you can go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
||Name of the cookie
||University of Girona
||Helps to prevent Cross-Reference Request Falsification (CSRF) attacks
||UdG Login session
||Saves the user's preferred language
||Identification of the device used to access the web
||Stores the user's cookie consent status for the current domain
||University of Girona
||Used to provide user data when authorising applications on the website
||Necessary for the implementation of video content on the web
Records a unique identifier that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
||Records a unique ID that identifies a returning user's device. The ID is used for the personalisation of ads
If you require additional information about the activity of companies advertising on the internet and how to eliminate your data from their records, we recommend you visit www.networkadvertising.org.
You can configure your browser so that it informs you previously about the possible installation of cookies. You will also have the option of cookies being wiped automatically once the browser is closed or the device switched off. You can find information about how to do this:
Privacy policies and terms and conditions of use of third-party contents
Some web pages from the udg.edu domain may include contents from external platforms that have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions of use.
We use YouTube for replaying videos and live broadcasts from the website.