- Graduates of both officially approved programmes and University of Girona-specific programmes must have met all the requirements established in the corresponding curriculum before they will be issued university degree certificates.
- Graduates of university bachelor’s and master’s degree programmes may apply to the Secretaria en Xarxa (Virtual Secretary's Office) for their degree certificates. Graduates of other programmes must apply in person for their certificates in the academic secretary’s office of the corresponding faculty or school.
- For degrees issued from 12 September 2003 on (Royal Decree 1044/2003, of 1 August - BOE no. 218, of 11/9/2003), the application for the degree automatically includes an application for the European Degree Supplement (EDS). The EDS is only available for official studies.
Online application procedure:
- The academic secretary’s office will verify that applicants have completed all their credits before informing them by email that they can apply for their degree certificate and EDS.
- To apply, applicants must go to the Tràmits (Procedures) section of the Secretaria en Xarxa (Virtual Secretary's Office), identify themselves, click on Sol·licitud de títol acadèmic i suplement europeu al títol (SET) (Application for degree certificate and the European Diploma Supplement (EDS)) and follow the instructions. The entire procedure, including paying the subsidised fee, can be completed online. When completed, applicants will be issued a PDF of the decree certificate payment receipt in three languages (Catalan, Spanish and English).
- The issued document is legally valid. It contains an electronic signature and a secure verification code (SVC). If it is submitted in either paper or PDF format as part of an administrative procedure, it can be authenticated through the validation means available on the UdG e-Office.
Application procedure in person:
- In programmes not equipped to process online applications, students must download a degree certificate application in paper format from the Forms page and submit it, together with the original and a photocopy of a current ID card or passport, to the academic secretary’s office of the corresponding faculty or school. The personal information on the degree certificate, including any diacritical marks, will be the same as on this document. If any of this information changes after the certificate has been issued, the certificate must be accompanied by an official document from the Civil Registry reflecting the change. Applicants will be informed about the certificate’s status by email message sent to the address they used to register at the UdG. It is therefore recommended to check – and change if necessary – this address at the Virtual Secretary's Office (La meva UdG -> Expedient -> Dades personals).
- The academic secretary’s office will verify that students have met all requirements before sending them a letter requesting they pay the subsidised degree certificate application fee established by decree of the Government of Catalonia for official studies, or the fee established by the University’s Board of Trustees for UdG-specific studies.
- Once degree certificate applicants have paid the corresponding fee or have proven they are exempted from paying part or all of it, the academic secretary will issue a decree certificate payment receipt, which for all intents and purposes accredits the holder as a graduate until the final degree certificate is issued.