From the Sports Service different sport activities along the academic course as well as in the summer, open to everybody (all the community university and also for external persons), are proposed:
- Guided termly: pilates, yoga, healthy back, funky jazz, ballroom dance, steps, strength exercises and stretches, tai-chi, capoeira, etc.
- PAS (administrative and service staff) and PDI (teaching and research staff): Get moving at work
- In nature: mountain biking, walks, canoeing, introduction to diving, etc.
- Classes: learn about taekwondo, indoor cycling, etc.
- Snow: one-day skiing in Vall Ter 2000 or the Masella ski resort
- Summer: night-time climb up Els Ángels, yoga and meditation, open water swimming, hypopressive exercises, etc.
- Conferences: on topics related to health and sport, climbing, mountaineering, cinema fora, etc.
- Sports volunteering: popular mountain bike races, on foot, helping with activities organised by Girona council and Girona FC, etc.
- Healthy sport week: doing sport and physical activity aims to improve mobility issues, give information on healthy habits and foster the innovation of new sports techniques to improve individuals' health.
These activities may last a morning, an afternoon, a day, two days or over multiple sessions, depending on the type of activity chosen. With all of these activities, University of Girona students have the option to obtain free choice credits (ECTS), swapping 40 points obtained by taking part in the different activities for credits. View the information on 'Swapping points for credits'.
If you like to compete, find out more here to see the detail of all contests.