Polytechnic School

Academic record transfer of studies with a minimum of 30 recognised credits

(from degrees started abroad)

Studies started abroad but not finished

The requirement students who have started their degrees abroad must meet is that they have a minimum of 30 recognised credits between the degree they have come from and the degree they want to access. In case they do not fulfil the condition they will have to access the studies of which he treats itself through university pre-enrolment .

The regulations governing students’ access to bachelor's degree studies where they meet the condition in the previous paragraph are the Regulations for access to the bachelor's degree studies with a minimum of 30 recognised credits , as approved by the Governing Council in session nº. 5/10, of 3 June 2010 (eBOU-6), and modified by the Governing Council in sessions no. 6/10, of 15 July 2010 (eBOU-24); no. 10/11, of 22 December 2011 (eBOU-291), no. 4/2014, of 29 May 2014 (eBOU-647) and no. 3/2017, of 4 April 2017 (e-BOU985).

For the 2019/20 academic year, the Polytechnic School offers two places for each of the bachelor's degrees they teach with the exception of the dual bachelor's degrees, which offer none:

  • Dual Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technologies Engineering / Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Management
  • Dual Bachelor's Degree in Industrial and Automatic Electronic Engineering/ Degree in Electrical Engineering

The period for requesting this transfer is during the second half of April.

Interested persons must hand in the following applications at the academic secretary’s office of the School: admission to bachelor's degree studies and validated credit transfer for foreign studies. The amount to pay in fees and the list of documentation to bring are on the form, along with the relevant legalisation requirements.

Should the number of applications submitted that exceed the minimum requirement of 30 credits be the same or lower than the number of places specifically offered on the degree they want to access, all applicants will be given a place.

Should the opposite occur, once the academic records of the applicants have been scaled, the number of places assigned will be equal to that of the places offered, and applicants who have not been assigned a place will be put on a waiting list in the order established during the scaling process for if one of those assigned a place decides not to enrol.

The decision as to the accepted and excluded applicants will be made during the second fortnight of May and will be published on the website on the last working day of the month of May. The persons concerned will be notified about this.

Studies started and finished abroad, having obtained an official university degree

Official recognition of foreign certificates in the Spanish State

The requirements that have to be taken into account are listed on the link https://www.udg.edu/ca/estudia/Tramits-normatives-i-preus/Normatives/Requisits-formatius-homologacio-titols-estrangers

Access to a second degree where the first has been obtained outside the Spanish State

Students who wish to be accepted onto a bachelor's degree that is different to the one they already have (second degree) must follow the administrative procedure through university pre-enrolment.

The preparatory steps that must be previously be taken are the following:

  • Obtaining an access mark. This must be obtained by requesting the Ministry to officially recognise the qualification in the Spanish system. The information to carry out this formality is available to http://universitats.gencat.cat/es/que_puc_fer/soc_estudiant_de_fora/index.html
  • The Ministry will grant a mark that will be between 5 and 10 (and notifies the student). This will be the access mark to process the pre-enrolment and to access a bachelor's degree in the University of Girona. The link is the following one: http://universitats.gencat.cat/es/preinscripcio/index.html  
  • Students who are admitted will have to formalise their enrolments, by producing supporting documents for their previous degrees, with the corresponding legalisation requirements, after which they will be able to request validations of their foreign-study credit transfers, paying a €54.54 fee (public-sector charge established in Annexe 1, point 7.3 of the Decree on prices for 2018/19 academic year), so that their credits can be recognised in the new study.

It must be remembered that the percentage of reserved places to study for a second degree for people who have previously already obtained a university degree is 3% of the total number of places. This figure can be increased if the total number of places for students that do not already have a degree and that come from Upper Secondary School Education are not filled.

For more information please contact infoacademica.eps@udg.edu