UdG Medicine began in the year 2008, with the aim of offering medical-degree training in Girona’s counties, with a vocation that is innovative in learning, ambitious in values and strongly rooted in the public and universal, international and solidarity health system.
We can presently say we have managed to:
- Consolidate a unique methodology, based on the problem-based learning and small-group work, centred on educating a student capable of guaranteeing the performance of a task, qualified, working and with critical thinking.
- As an ambitious centre compromised to spreading and highlighting collaborative work, which cuts across all the academic activities involved in the bachelor's degree in medicine at the UdG.
- Steadily intensify the research and application of the scientific methodology in the learning of our holders of a bachelor's degree and the education continued in its professional exercise.
- Strengthen students’ contributions, in several events, to the promotion of human rights, with special attention to equality, respect and democratic values.
- Achieving an international scope, and in this sense it must be noted that, we are the only Spanish public university accredited by the World Federation Medical Education, as it facilitates student access its professional activities in the United States, among others.
The aim is to educate our students as efficient professionals, for them to offer the highest quality assistance, for them to be persons of the future and for the future, ready to know how to manage information and transform it into knowledge, to work as a team with other professionals in the system, capable of understanding people who are ill in the context of their socioeconomic and emotional situation, manage the health of those who will be their patients in the future.
All of this is thanks to the work of an understanding, professional team made up of students, teaching staff and administrative and service staff, who make it possible for us to gradually make progress, achieving our academic excellence goals in an understanding and friendly environment.
José Manuel Fernández-Real Lemos
Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of the UdG.