The main objective of the CHC is to improve patient safety and care. Future health professional, as well as those already working in care, can acquire and perfect different techniques and skills.
The Centre incorporates different types of simulation for learning:
- Suitably trained mock patients.
- Dummies (adult, child, baby) able to react physiologically.
- Dummies and material to be able to acquire specific skills (gynaecological, prostate, otoscope. And deep eye examinations, infiltrations, heart-lung resuscitation manoeuvres with and without a defibrillator).
- Phantom and scans to know how to handle the device and gain knowledge of anatomic normality, as well as to recognise the pathology of the different organs and structures.
Different classrooms and material are available to be able to do all the activities:
- An Intensive Care Unit (UCI).
- A big classroom containing: a giant screen, a projector and different monitors distributed around it with the objective of facilitating visibility, communication and learning between teachers and students.
- A Consultation that would simulate a primary health care consultation or a hospital outpatients consultation.