Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences > Academic information > Procedures
Go to content (click on Intro)
UdG Home UdG Home
UdG 30 years
Machine translation, text awaiting revision

Faculty of Business and Economic Sciences


Academic information

The UdG makes a series of electronic procedures available to students. These can be accessed via the "La meva UdG” intranet.

The catalogue of electronic procedures, which are conducted entirely online, is gradually being broadened to cover as many academic and administrative procedures as possible. At present, in the section on procedures relating to each student's academic record you can ask for: the cancellation of a call for a subject, the cancellation of the entire enrolment, a Grade Certificate (CAP), a replacement copy of the Degree Certificate, communicate and/or amend banking information, preparation of the documentation for legalisation, recognised credit transfer, degree and Diploma Supplement certificates and/or an electronic copy, for a qualification to be processed by a consulate or an embassy.

For the procedures that are not yet available digitally, you may have to enquire at the Faculty as to how the procedure is carried out and to follow the explanatory models.

More information on electronic procedures


Are you a student from a different university or faculty, or even from this faculty, but you wish to change your degree? Do you think that between your degree course and the one you wish to access you will have a total of at least 30 validated credits at the time of applying?

If so, you can request a direct transfer.

For the academic year 2022/2023 we are offering three places for each of the bachelor's degrees at the Faculty (Business Management and Administration, Accounting and Finance and Economics) for students coming from Spanish studies and three places for students from foreign studies.

The period for requesting this transfer is from 15 to 30 April 2023.

The applications and corresponding documents will be presented online through a specific form you will find, together with the procedure and regulations, on the following link;


The individuals concerned will be notified through the Faculty’s webpage of the decision made on admitted and rejected applications on 31 May by the latest. 

Are you a bachelor's-degree student at the Faculty and you would like to change your studies at the Faculty? 

If that is the case, you can request a change of study. This is a transfer among bachelor's degree studies with common curriculum sharing at least 30 credits in the first year. Students have to have obtain all the first year’s credits shared by both studies.

For the 2022/2023 academic year we offer:

Places: Three places on each of the bachelor's degrees the Faculty offers (Business Management and Administration, Accounting and Finance and Economics). No places are offered on the dual bachelor's degrees.

Period for submitting the application and documents: 15 to 30 June 2022.

The applications will be submitted online through the academic record's procedures. You will need go to the "La meva UdG” academic record, look for the Procedures section and search the "Change studies" section, and follow the instructions.

All decisions on accepted or rejected applications, which will be made once the proceedings have ended, will be published together. Applicants will not be notified individually, so anyone interested in the results will have to check them directly. The resolution will be published on 8 July on the Faculty's intranet (La meva UdG news).

If the resolution is positive, the Academic Secretary's Office will proceed to close the outgoing report and open the one for the new degree so that enrolment can be carried out correctly during the corresponding period. The academic fees in force will apply for the record transfer, studying the academic record (where appropriate) and enrolment of recognised credits.

Are you enrolled on a dual bachelor's degree and you want to drop one of the two subjects? 

Dual bachelor's degree students who wish to change to one of the single subject degrees that comprise the dual degree need only submit an application and one of the two subjects will be officially dropped.

Application-submission period: 15 to 30 June 2021.

The applications will be submitted online through the academic record's procedures. You will need go to the "La meva UdG” academic record, look for the Procedures section and search the "Change study" section, and follow the instructions.

Before you enrol, close the dual-degree dossier and activate the bachelor's degree you wish to continue; students who have applied to drop out of the dual degree will now be able to enrol on the study they wish to continue.

Under the Rules for academic progress in bachelor's degree studies, Article 3.2 stipulates that “Students have three qualification calls to get through for each subject or module. Students who do not pass a subject or module in the third call will be able to request a fourth and final discretionary examination session...”

To avoid the computation of one of these calls, provision is made for the possibilty of cancelling one of these calls, merely for academic purposes.

The deadlines in the Faculty for possible session cancellations are established thus:

  • For first-semester subjects: the examination session can be cancelled any time up to 13 December 2022
  • For year-long and second-semester subjects: the examination session can be cancelled any time up to 9 May 2023

The procedure is activated at the end of September/start of October and when you carry out the cancellation procedure next to each course it will state the exact date on which the cancellation deadline ends.

The applications will be submitted online through the academic record's procedures. You will need go to the "La meva UdG” academic record, look for the Procedures section, search the "Session cancellation" section and follow the instructions.

Students about to finish the studies can request an early examination session for completion of studies, that is, they can ask to take the June examination session in February and thereby finish early.

TO REQUEST ONLY THE BACHELOR’S DEGREE THESIS: Students who have everything enrolled for completing their studies and all whose enrolled subjects have their examination session in February can ask to take their early bachelor’s degree thesis early in the February examination session. 


If you have 30 or fewer credits pending for completing your studies and you wish to move your June examination session forward to February, you will have to request that within this period.

To be able to request taking your exam session early you must have been enrolled with all the credits necessary for completing your studies, including recognised credits. The subjects whose exams students can ask to take early must have been enrolled on in the previous examination session and failed, with the exception of the bachelor's thesis (TFG) and external placements.

The period for requesting an extraordinary examination session is from 22 November to 2 December 2022.

*You will need to take into account that once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to change tack and sit the normal examination session.

Steps to follow for requesting an extraordinary examination session:

Students who wish to take an early examination session for a subject, so they can finish before other students, can start the procedure within the establish period.

You will need to go to the Procedures section of your record and look for the "Application to the administration” procedure; once there, choose "Examination and marks" as the request area and explain that an extraordinary examination session is being requested, specifying which of the subjects.

If the extraordinary examination session is granted, the Academic Secretary’s Office will forward a list, to the teachers responsible for the subjects concerned, of students who have requested early exams and inform the studies coordinators of this.

Early exams will consist of the single examination defined in the subject's design. Examination results, appeals and reviews will be governed by the same criteria as those established for the other exams.


The deadline for students to take advantage of the single assessment system defined for each subject is:

  • For subjects of first semester and annual: 24 October 2022
  • For second semester subjects: 20 March 2023

How can I request it?

You can request for a one-off assessment electronically from your La meva UdG folder. Go to the section Formalities and search for the "Request to the administration" section, where you should choose theOne-Off Assessment Area, explaining the reason it is needed, and indicating for which subjects you are requesting this one-off assessment. 

Official bachelor's-, master’s- or doctoral degree teaching includes specific situations that entail exemptions from or allowances on enrolment or administrative-procedure fees.

In general, to enjoy an allowance on or exemption from such fees students must the requisite documents beforehand.

The accredited conditions must be valid at the time the enrolment or administrative procedure is carried out.If the condition has been accredited in previous academic years and is still valid on the start date of the academic year (see the academic calendar), there will be need to produce any documents.

If your documents are currently being processed or pending renewal, you will not be eligible for the discount, but presentations of updated documents will be accepted up to 31 December for subsequently regularising your situation.

The situations entitling fee allowances or exemptions can be consulted below.

When a basic and compulsory subject group is full, only in justified cases can a change of group be requested.As for optional modules, once places have been filled, no more will be offered.

It will need to be requested through an application to be submitted online from La meva UdG, in the section entitled Procedures - Applications to the administration ("Group Change" area). Applications will only be accepted for work or medical reasons.

Application-submission deadline:

A change of group can be requested up to 7 work days as from the day following the start of the academic year.

If a student starts the course later because they were given a place for pre-enrolment later, they will 7 work days as from the day following their official enrolment.

Outside that deadline changes of group will only be accepted provided the reason for the change appeared afterwards.

Documents that need to be attached to the email:


Employment contract and updated employment-history document.

Detailed explanation of the subjects and group you wish to change to.

* You must request the employment history document by internet and there is an option to receive it instantly by email. The link is:


Medical treatment:

Medical certificate showing the treatment and the timetable.

The application must be made a decision is made later. 

Changes of group for transport reasons will not be accepted.

Students will be able to request a compensated pass for a single failed subject so that the subject is approved in their record.

Who can make this request?

Students who fulfil the following requirements:

  • The subject must have received a score of at least one 4 in one of the examination sessions.
  • As an exception, if the subject's average score during the year that the compensated pass is requested in is below 4, the compensated pass may be granted if the score obtained is equal to or higher than the average.
  • You need to be enrolled for the Bachelor's thesis or the Master’s thesis to be able to request a compensated pass for a failed subject.
  • TFGs, TFMs and foreign-language subjects accrediting the level required for a third language in the corresponding curriculum cannot received a compensated pass. 

If the conditions established in the Regulations governing the students’ assessment and score processes are met, the compensated pass requested will be automatically granted.

The subject will be qualified as a compensated pass and given a numeric value of 5.0.

Steps to follow for requesting a compensated pass:

Students who know the final grade (the exam record must already be closed) can start the procedure.

You will need to go to the Procedures section of your academic record in La meva UdG, look for the "Compensation pass of a subject” procedure and simply follow the application’s instructions.

If the compensated pass is granted, it will automatically be incorporated into the student’s academic record with a numeric value of 5.

If the degree is completed with this compensation, the Academic Office of the Secretary will proceed with officially revising the academic record for the degree (see the corresponding procedure).

Students who have studied previous official university courses, either at the UdG or at other universities, can request a validated credit transfer or recognition of these studies so they can be included in their academic record.

You should submit a duly completed and signed request form, which you will find attached, together with all the required documentation.

The deadline for submitting applications and documents is from 15 July to 26 October 2022.

To submit it you will need to go to the Your Academic Record's Procedures section and look for the procedure entitled "Application to the administration"; once inside choose "Credit recognition", where you will be able to attach your application.

The decision will be sent electronically.

Article 3.2 of the Academic progress regulations in bachelor's degree studies specifies that students have three examination calls in which to pass each subject.

Article 3.2 of the Academic progress regulations in university master's degree studies at the University of Girona specifies that master's degree students have two exam sessions for passing each subject.

If a student does not pass the subject in the available examination calls, they are able to request a final discretionary call.

To this effect, once the official records for each examination session have closed, an e-mail will be sent to all the affected students with the request application.

You will need to submit your application, which you will find attached, duly filled in and signed.

To submit it you will need to go to the Your Academic Record's Procedures section and look for the procedure entitled "Application to the administration"; once inside choose "Discretionary Re-Sit", where you will be able to attach your application.

The decision will be sent electronically.

Students will not be able to complete enrolment until they have received the decision.

Article 29 of the Regulations for assessing and marking students provides for appeals against their final marks.

Once the final transcripts have been closed, students may appeal against the final marks that appear in the transcripts, under the procedure established in the following sections.

  • The appeal, which has to be reasoned, will need to be presented to the dean’s office responsible for the degree as from the final closing of the transcript of marks. In any case, the deadline will finish seven calendar days following the date established in the academic calendar for closing academic transcripts  for the corresponding period.
  • The dean’s office will bring the appeal to notice of the head of the department the subject is assigned to, so that they can propose a panel made up of three lecturers in the same or similar area of knowledge as the subject’s lecturer. Under no circumstances can the teaching staff originally involved in the subject’s marking be part of the panel.
  • The head of the department, on appointing the panel, will set a maximum period of 15 days, starting from the day following the reception of the claim, where the panel, having held a hearing with the subject’s teaching staff and the student, will have to decide on the mark, which will be transferred immediately to the dean’s office for student marks.
  • It will fall to the panel to make any changes, with reasons provided, to the marks obtained by the student, whether to increase them or reduce them, in accordance with the criteria established in the subject’s design.
  • The dean will publish the panel's decision and notify the student and teaching staff within a period of three work days. 
  • In the case of oral exams already assessed by a panel, a review may only be requested where it is based on flaws in their form.
  • Claims against the TFG and TFM marks must be submitted to the dean and directed to the Chair of the panel that assessed them, within a period of five days following the deadline for the closing of the TFG and TFM academic transcripts established in the academic calendar. On writing the appeal, the student will set out their reasons for disagreeing with the mark obtained. This written document may be accompanied by a tutor report on the work on the reasons argued by the student.

To submit the application, which you will find attached, you will need to go to the Your Academic Record's Procedures section and look for the procedure entitled "Application to the administration"; once inside, choose "Credit recognition” and attach your application.

The decision will be sent electronically.



The Academic Secretary’s Office periodically chooses a list students who have finished their bachelor's- or master's-degree studies and reviews their records to make sure everything is correct.
Academic records completed as from mid-June will not be reviewed until the end of September.

After checking that all requirements for applying for the degree certificate have been met, the academic record is then closed for completion of studies and an agreed electronic notification generated and the degree certificate and European Diploma Supplement (DS) can now be applied for online.

This requires access to the Procedures section of La meva UdG and a search for the "Application for academic certificate and Diploma Supplement” procedure. The entire procedure, including its payment, is carried out online.

If we have been informed of any exemption or allowance, this will automatically apply. If you have an allowance we have not been informed of, you will need to inform the Secretary’s Office before you apply for the degree certificate so that the allowance can be applied for.

The degree certificate is generated in Catalan, Spanish and English. As soon as the certificate has been generated you will receive a confirmation email (this usually takes no more than a few minutes, although the process could take up to several hours) and you will have it available from the same procedures application’s “Completed” tab.
The document now at your disposal can be printed out as many times as you wish, whenever you need it, from your academic record or from the UdG’s e-Headquarters.

Once the degree certificate and the DS are at the UdG, you will be sent an e-notification from the Degree Certificates Section informing you they are ready for collection and the procedure you will need to follow for that. 



Students who have finished their studies will need to submit a degree-certificate application from the Faculty’s Academic Secretary’s Office and pay the corresponding fees. Their national ID (DNI) or valid passport must be attached to the application.

The application has to be completed by computer. A hand-written application will not be accepted.
To save time and avoid the need for making two journeys, please complete the application by computer and email a scanned copy of it to: secretaria.dretieconomiques@udg.edu, together with your valid national ID (DNI).

Once the application has been submitted, the Academic Secretary’s Office will review your academic record to check if everything is correct. Provided there is no problem, after we have checked all the requirements have been met, we will send you an email (to the address given in your application) with the payment form of the fees specified by the Catalan government. Once the corresponding amount has been paid, the Secretary's Office will issue a provisional degree certificate verifying the status of degree holder to all intents and purposes, so long as the final degree certificate is not available.

Students will have to come to the Secretary's Office in person to collect their provisional degree certificate and deliver their signed original application and proof of payment of the fees.

Students who are unable to come to the office in person may authorise someone else to carry out this procedure for them. The authorisation must state what is being requested and include a photocopy of the national ID of the student concerned and their authorised proxy.

Choose which types of cookies you accept which the University of Girona can store in your browser.

Those that are essential for enabling your connection. There is no option for disabling them, as they are necessary for the functioning of the website.

These enable your options to be remembered (for example language or region you are accessing from), to provide you with advanced services.

They provide statistical information and enable improved services. We use Google Analytics cookies which you can deactivate by installing this plugin.

To offer advertising contents relating to the interests of users, either directly, or through third parties (“adservers”). These must be activated if you wish to see the YouTube videos uploaded to the University of Girona’s website.