Access to the master’s degree
Aimed at students with an engineering or architecture qualification, pre-EHEA degree or bachelor's degree who would like to teach at secondary-education schools (compulsory-secondary education, baccalaureate education and vocational training).
The degree must have been issued by a university in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA). For degrees issued by universities not in the EHEA, the foreign certificate must demonstrate a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official university degrees in Spain, entitling the holder to access postgraduate studies in the country in which it was issued.
Access to the different majors of this master's degree depends on the degree required for entry from the different teaching staff. The Department of Education produces, each academic year, a single list for Catalonia of the candidates to cover, on an interim basis, vacant jobs at educational centres.
The Department of Education’s website features two tables, containing a list of majors on the master's degree, educational specialisations and degree titles:
The pre-enrolment procedure is carried out at the University Access Office of the Interuniversity Council of Catalonia from 28 July to 13 September 2021.
The allocation of places will be published on 28 September 2021.
- Enrolment period: from 29 to 30 September 2021
- First reassignment: 6 October 2021
Pre-enrolment is completed online at the portal http://accesnet.gencat.cat.
Documentation that must be submitted:
The documentation that must be submitted to the OAU by the pre-enrolment deadline is as follows:
- Official certificate with marks corresponding to university studies, with a calculation of the average mark between 0-10 according to Royal Decree 1125/2003, of 5 September. For students coming from foreign educational systems, it is recommended that they submit the certificate with the calculation of the average mark requested from ANECA (Spanish Quality and Accreditation Assessment Agency).
- Certificate or receipt of payment of the fees of the issuance of the certificate.
- Level B1 certificate of a third language.
a) Accreditation of knowledge of the third language (English, French, German or Italian)
In accordance with the regulations, at the time of pre-enrolment, the student must prove level B1 knowledge or higher by means of the corresponding certificate, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (MECR), of one of the four following languages: English, French, German or Italian. In contrast to the case for students with undergraduate degree certificates prior to the creation of the EHEA, students who submit a bachelor's degree issued by one of the twelve Catalan universities, it will not be necessary to demonstrate a B1 level in a third language. They will be required, on a mandatory basis, to prove they have a B1 level in one of the four aforementioned languages when the bachelor's degree has been issued by universities outside Catalonia.
The valid certificates for authenticating the required knowledge of the language are published in Resolution ECO/1134/2015, of 13 May, publishing the Joint-university Board of Catalonia Agreement concerning recognising certificates and degrees accrediting knowledge of foreign languages (amended by the error correction published in the Official Journal of the Government of Catalonia (DOGC) of 5/6/2015).
To prove a B1 level in the third language required to study the master's degree, in addition to the qualifications specified in the equivalences table of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and the certificates accepted to access the master's degree for teaching staff, the following certificates will be accepted:
b) Accreditation of official languages (Catalan and Spanish)
Foreign students will have to demonstrate they speak at least one of the official languages, either Spanish or Catalan, with a minimum level of B1 at the time of pre-enrolment, having attained a level of sufficiency in one of the two (level B2) upon completion of the master's degree.
You can consult equivalences between accreditations of the B1 level of Catalan and the certificates of Catalan knowledge by the General Directorate of Linguistic Policy in the list of degrees equivalent to the Catalan proficiency certificates by the General Directorate of Linguistic Policy.
Successful candidates can complete the online enrolment process at the following link
- Foreign degrees studied in English, French, Italian or German.
- Certificate of secondary education issued in French, Italian, English or German language by the school imparting the education.
- Degree in languages, translation and interpretation or equivalent, in one of the four foreign languages that are required to access the master's degree.
- Certificate of having completed at least 10% of university subjects (degree, master's degree or doctoral degree programme) in one of the four aforementioned languages.
- Certificates of B1 level or higher language proficiency, issued by the schools of languages at any Spanish university.