The admissions exam for those over the age of 45 is held once a year. You may sit the test an unlimited number of times. Once you have passed the admissions exam, if you meet the requirements you can sit the exam again in subsequent sessions to improve your score.
To enter the university via the over 45s process, you must pass an admissions exam and a personal interview. Once passed, the admissions exam is valid indefinitely, while the personal interview, which is compulsory and which you must pass, is only valid for the year in which it takes place and to access a specific degree.
You can sit the university admissions exam for over 45s if you meet the following requirements:
- You are over 45 years old in the calendar year in which the test takes place.
- You do not hold a degree or meet any other general requirements for admission to the university.
ENROLMENT FOR ADMISSIONS EXAMS
Deadline for enrolling: 2 to 11 February, from the university admissions portal
Price: €95.25 (fixed examination fee: €35.75 + fee for university admissions exam for people over the age of 45: €59.50).
(If you want to apply for admission to the university through both the route for over 25s and the route for over 45s, you will need to register for both exams and pay the corresponding fees for both enrolments.)
A discount of 50% will be given to members of large families of a general nature.
The following collectives are exempt from paying the university registration fees:
- Members of large families of a special nature.
- People with a degree of disability equal to or more than 33%.
- Students aged 65 years or above.
- The victims of terrorist acts, their spouses and their children.
- Victims of gender-based violence, their spouses and their children.
Consult the FAQS