A mentor guides you, orientates and advises you in developing your project. They save you time and effort, thanks to their degree of knowledge and experience.
Some typical aspects in which a mentor may be able to help you are:
- Developing a business model
- Product development
- Customer validation
- Recruitment of talent (creating interview processes for suitable candidates)
- Team training (creation of a work culture that reflects your values and goals)
- Capital capture (design of a funding strategy, identification of potential investors)
- Business and commercial contacts
- Advice in strategic decision making
Finally, a mentor can also end up being a great friend and a partner for your company, because they know you so well.