External placements form part of the Module II Analysis of socio-educational action and is worth 6 ECTS. This subject seeks to:
- Develop a specialised exercise in professional practice at centres, projects or services linked to action, youth study or youth policies.
- Facilitate the critic analysis of the professional environment of youth work and professional figures in this field: multidisciplinary work in the youth work.
- Help with the analysis of organisational models and action and innovation in work with young people and youth policies.
- Delve deep into the methods of work and organisation in this sector.
- Provide advanced knowledge of institutions and specialised youth services (action and research).
- Work on social or ethical responsibility in the face of orders and the solution of problems considered in each situation (professional ethics).
The objectives of this subject recommend education in the workplace, where students experience very different learning methods, which differ from common training activities and that are considered suitable to attaining the skills pursued.
You can check out External Placements Guide