This will consist of a written essay of approximately 8,000 words, in the format of a scientific article, containing the following sections:
- Theoretical framework
- Discussion and conclusions
During the preparation of this work, students are expected to demonstrate an ability for mature reflection and for analysing any subject t dealt with during the Master's programme. In this sense, the range of subject matter in the Final Master's Project is very wide, as long as it is related to population movements and has been approved by the designated tutor.
The essay can take the following approaches:
- Theoretical and conceptual exploration of citizenship, migrations and mobilities. For example, an exploration of the concept of inclusive citizenship and its main characteristics.
- Analysis of the causes and/ or consequences of one or several population movements. For example, “the process of the inclusion of unaccompanied minors in Catalonia: needs, risks and processes of empowerment.”
- Analysis of a concrete social or legal reality related to population movements. For example, an analysis of the processes of social inclusion of people whose situation is irregular in Catalonia.
- Evaluation of a programme or public policy related to the management of population movements. For example, evaluation of the Catalan Refugee Programme developed by the Government of Catalonia.