1. Introduction to composite materials: history, definition, classification, orthotropy, anisotropy, nonlinear response, failure behavior, structure effects, differences with traditional materials (steel, concrete)
2. Constituent materials: Fibres and Matrix including wood and natural fibers + commercial products (prepregs, UD, BD, pultruded, etc..)
3. Classical and advanced architectures (laminates, sandwichs and Z-pinning, 3D-braided, stitching, forged carbon, fibre steering, etc..)
4. Manufacturing Methods: Manual stacking + autoclave, Out-of-autoclave methods, AFP, ATL, manufacturing of sandwichs, Links between design, materials and manufacturing, effect of defects
5. Virtual Manufacturing (including curing process of resins, aditive manutacturing).
6. Composites in aeronautics
7. Composites in wind industries
8. Composites in automotive
9. Composites in construction
10. Sustainability and Life-Cycle-Analysis
The evaluation includes the assignments (accounting for 50% of the final grade) and an exam (accounting for 50% of the final grade). A minimum of 40% in each component is required (written examination and each report).
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Failing to deliver any of the assignments
Not delivering the final exam
Single-evaluation is not allowed in this course
Requisits mínims per aprovar:
A minimum of 40% in written examination and each report/assignment is required.