Since 2017, Dr. Vinicius Rosa de Oliveira is Associate Professor at the Department of Physical Therapy, EUSES University School, University of Girona-University of Barcelona.
He obtained his degree in Physiotherapy at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), in 2008. Right after, he underwent his postgraduate studies – MSc and PhD in Physiology – at the same university in Brazil. During his PhD, he went to the United Kingdom for a 1-year internship at the pharmaceutical industry GlaxoSmithKline. In 2014, he moved to Barcelona to work as a post-doctorate researcher at the Unit of Biophysics and Bioengineering of the University of Barcelona, where he investigated the biomechanical effects of inorganic nanoparticles in lung cells.
He holds a specialty certification in Intensive Care, by the Brazilian Association of Cardiorespiratory Physical Therapy and Intensive Care Physical Therapy (ASSOBRAFIR). He worked as a physiotherapist during 5 years in the public and private health systems in Brazil, mainly in the rehabilitation of critically ill patients.
In the past 10 years, he has presented his research work in international conferences and published scientific papers in rellevant indexed journals. Some of them are detailed as follows:
- Cereta A.D., Oliveira V.R., Costa I.P., Afonso J.P.R., Fonseca A.L., Souza A.R.T., Silva G.A.M., Mello D.A.C.P.G., Oliveira V.C.F., da Palma R.K. (2021). Emergenging cell-based therapies in chronic lung diseases: What about asthma? Front Pharmacol 12, 648506. doi: 10.3389/fphar.2021.648506
- Oliveira V.R., Uriarte J.J., Falcones B., Jorba I., Zin W.A., Farré R., Navajas D., Almendros I. (2019). Biomechanical response of lung epithelial cells to iron oxide and titanium dioxide nanoparticles. Front Physiol 10, 1047. doi: https://doi.org/10.3389/fphys.2019.01047
- Oliveira V.R., Uriarte J.J., Falcones B., Zin W.A., Navajas D., Farré R., Almendros I. (2019). Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide induces alveolar epithelial cell stiffening. J Biomech 83, 315-318. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2018.11.034
- Oliveira V.R., Carvalho G.M.C., Casquilho N.V., Moreira-Gomes M.D., Soares R.M., Azevedo S.M.F.O., Lima L.M., Barreiro E.J., Takiya C.M., Zin W.A. (2018). Lung and liver responses to 1- and 7-day treatments with LASSBio-596 in
mice subchronically intoxicated by microcystin-LR. Toxicon 141, 1-8. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2017.10.029
- Nonaka P., Uriarte J.J., Campillo N., Oliveira V.R., Farré R., Navajas D. (2016). Lung bioengineering: physical
stimuli and stem/progenitor cell biology interplay towards biofabricating a functional organ.
Respir Res 17, 161. doi: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12931-016-0477-6
- Mazzoli-Rocha F., Oliveira V.R., Barcellos B.C., Moreira, D.K.M., Saldiva P.H.N., Faffe D.S., Zin W.A. (2016). Time-dependency of mice lung recovery after a 4-week exposure to traffic or biomass air pollutants. Respir Physiol & Neurobiol 230, 16-21. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resp.2016.05.003
- Carvalho G.M., Oliveira V.R., Araujo A.C.P., Soares R.M., Azevedo S.M.F.O., Pires K.M.P., Valença S.S., Zin W.A. (2016). Pulmonary and hepatic injury after sub-chronic exposure to sublethal doses of microcystin-LR. Toxicon 112, 51-58. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2016.01.066
- Oliveira V.R., Mancin V.G.L., Pinto E.F., Soares R.M., Azevedo S.M.F.O., Macchione M., Carvalho A.R., Zin W.A. (2015). Repeated intranasal exposure to microcystin-LR affects lungs but not nasal epithelium in mice. Toxicon 104, 14-18. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2015.07.331
- Oliveira V.R., Avila M.B., Carvalho G.M.C., Azevedo, S.M.F.O., Lima L.M., Barreiro E.J., Carvalho A.R., Zin W.A. (2015). Investigating the therapeutic effects of LASSBio-596 in an in vivo model of cylindrospermospin-induced lung injury. Toxicon 94, 29-35. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2014.12.004
- Oliveira V.R., Carvalho G.M.C., Avila M.B., Soares R.M., Azevedo S.M.F.O., Ferreira T.S., Valença S.S., Faffe D.S., Zin W.A. (2012). Time-dependence of lung injury in mice acutely exposed to cylindrospermopsin. Toxicon 60, 764-772. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2012.06.009
- Carvalho G.M., Oliveira V.R., Soares R.M., Azevedo S.M.F.O., Lima L.M., Barreiro E.J., Faffe D.S., Zin W.A. (2010). Can LASSBio 596 and dexamethasone treat acute lung and liver inflammation induced by microcystin-LR? Toxicon 56, 604-612. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.toxicon.2010.06.005
He is currently member of the Research Group on Methodology, Methods, Models and Outcomes of Health and Social Sciences (M3O), at University of Vic-Central University of Catalonia. His most recent research line is healthy ageing and functional diversity.