1. SP01. Metal complexes: artificial metallonucleases. (1) Introduction. (2) General properties of natural systems. (3) Chemistry of DNA cleavage. (4) Example of metal complexes with nuclease activity. General synthesis of macrocyclic Schiff base dinuclear Cu(I) complexes. (5) General methods used for DNA-metal complex interaction studies.
2. SP02. Solid-phase chemistry: Introduction. (1) Solid-phase synthesis. Benefits and drawbacks associated with solid-phase synthesis. (2) An overview on solid supports. General properties of solid supports. Type of solid supports: Gel-type polymeric supports. Composites and supported gels. Surface-type supports. Brush polymers. (3) Linkers. Introduction. Linkers according to the chemistry of cleavage. Other linker strategies. (4) Protecting groups. Amine, hydroxyl, carboxylic acid and thiol protecting groups. (5) Reaction monitoring in solid-phase synthesis. Destructive and non-destructive techniques.
3. SP03. Solid-phase chemistry: General methods for the synthesis of biomolecules. (1) Solid-phase peptide synthesis. Introduction. Amino acids. Solid-phase peptide synthesis: General scheme. Protection schemes for peptide synthesis. Peptide bond formation: amino acid coupling. Side reactions during chain elongation. Convergent solid-phase peptide synthesis. Formation of disulfide bridges. Solid-phase synthesis of cyclic peptides. Pseudopeptides. (2) Solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis. Synthetic strategy. Synthesis via the phosphoramidite approach. (3) Solid-phase oligosaccharide synthesis. Challenges in oligosaccharide synthesis. Synthetic strategies for the assembly of oligosaccharides. Automated solid-phase oligosaccharide synthesis.
4. SPO4. Heterocyclic Chemistry: Pyrimidines. (1) Introduction. (2) Biological significance of pyrimidines. (3) Synthesis of pyrimidines by ring-closure reactions: From five components, from four components, from three components, from two components, by cyclization of one component of six atoms. (4) Synthesis of pyrimidines by transformation of another ring. (5) Reactivity of fully conjugated ring pyrimidines: Electrophilic attack at nitrogen, electrophilic attack at carbon, nucleophilic attack at carbon, transition-metal-mediated alkylation, alkenylation, alkynylation and arylation carbon, reduced pyrimidines
5. SP05. Pseudopeptide synthesis: Biarylic peptides. (1) Introduction. (2) Aryl-aryl bond forming reactions. (3) Synthesis of biaryl ethers: C-O bond formation. (4) Structure of biaryl and biaryl ethers: Atropisomerism. (5) Synthesis of cyclic biaryl peptides. (6) Synthesis of cyclic biaryl ether peptides. (7) Synthesis of cyclic peptides containing both biaryl and biaryl ether bonds.
6. SP06. Heterocyclic chemistry: Dipolar cycloadditions. (1) Cycloaddition reactions and the synthesis of heterocycles. (2) General concepts about 1,3-dipolar cycloadditions: Structure and types of 1,3-dipoles and dipolarophiles; Regioselectivity; Stereoselectivity. (3) Advances in solid-phase 1,3-dipolar cycloadditions for heterocyclic synthesis.
7. SP07. Heterocyclic Chemistry: Multicomponent reactions (MCRs). Multicomponent vs 2-component and split-and-pool synthesis. Ugi reaction, mecanism and applications. Cycloadditions. Pd catalyzed cascade reactions. Michael additions. Pictet-Spengler and Biginelli reactions. Mannich-type reactions and related processes. Beta-dicarbonyl chemistry. Hetero-Diels-Alder transformations. Organometallic cascades. Isocyanide-based reactions. Dipole-mediated processes. Stereoselective MCRs. Development of new MCRs: catalysts and reaction conditions. MCRs based on isonitriles. MCRs with isocyanides. MCRs in therapeutic chemistry.
8. SP08. Advances in Catalytic Chemistry. New palladium-catalyzed carbon-carbon bond formation reactions. Benefits, drawbacks and applications.
La nota final (sobre 10) es calcularà a partir de la mitjana ponderada de la nota obtinguda en cadascuna de les activitats avaluables:
Comentari de textos 15%
Elaboració de treballs 85%
Per aprobar l'assignatura cal obtenir un miním de 5/10
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Només es qualificarà l'assignatura com a "No presentat" quan no s'hagi realitzat cap activitat d'avaluació.