1. Global, multinational, international and transnational companies
1.1. Business models. The relationship business model-organizational structure. The CAGE distance framework.
1.2. The European business. The Spanish and Catalan firms in the global economy.
2. Internationalization decision as part of the business strategy.
2.1. The decision to go international
2.2. Market entry models
3. Strategic management and the global environment
3.1. Building the competitive advantage
3.2. Global and corporate level business strategies
4. Organizing and managing the multinational companies
4.1. The role of the organizational structure
4.2. Types of organizational structures. Challenges faced by a multinational company
4.3. Actual tendencies in organizational structures
5. Management control systems in the multinational companies
5.1. The management control systems employed by multinationals
5.2. Corporate culture and control
5.3. Cultural environment and the multinationals
Composition of the final grade: Final written exam (60%) + Home works (40%)
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
The students who didn't take the Final Exam will be qualified with the final grade "Not Presented".