At the University of Girona exchange mobility students are supposed to arrive at the beginning of the semester, in time for the Orientation & Welcoming Day and before school starts. However, the UdG is aware that institutional calendars might differ, mainly for those coming for the second semester. In order to solve that, exchange/mobility students are allowed to arrive within NO MORE than 15 days later of the official start date of their Faculty. Students coming to do projects or practicums may arrive later ONLY with specific permission from the host Faculty or School. E-mail communications with this office included as a recipient will be enough. PLEASE check the academic calendar for the 2023/24 course.
Once you get to UdG , and if you couldn´t attend the welcome day, your first visit should be the International Office (you should ask for an appointment by e.mail)
You can contact the International Office if you need any information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Orientation & Welcoming Day is organised twice a year, at the beginning of each semester, and is intended to personally provide newcomers with relevant information (UdG student card, appointments with academic tutors...). If you cannot attend the O&W Day, please inform us by email. At the Welcome Session you will get information about:
- Registering at the University and obtaining a UdG student card
- Getting in contact with your tutor at the UdG to solve all academic issues.
- Obtaining a sports facilities card
- Fill in and sign the "arrival certificate"
- Catalan culture and language courses
- Information about VISA /NIE and other useful information
- Presentation of all the UdG Services that must be useful during your stay
Exchange/mobility students are asked to bring the following documents with them:
- Identity card or passport
- European health insurance card (european students) / Health Insurance (non european students)
- Learning agreement