1. Introduction to HR management.
Definition of HR.
Functions of HR.
HR in the Hostelry & Tourism Sector.
Introducing Management by competencies: General managers main competencies.
2. Leadership. Definition.
Evolution of leadership.
3. Emotional intelligence. Definition.
IQ vs EQ.
4. Conciliation. Managing conflicts.
Harmony with labour union/employees.
5. Developing & Recruiting. Training profitability.
Training vs Development.
Types of training.
Personality test (Eneagram, SYU).
6. Administrative tasks. Maintaining harmony:
Law and Intern-guest, relation.
Calculating a Payroll:
Legal discounts Vs illegal.
a) Gross salary.
b) Taxes: S.S. & I.R.P.F.
c) Net salary.
Three levels of engagement.
Theories of motivation.
Adapting motivation actions to employees' desires.
8. Administrative tasks. Intern-guest, relation.
Contracts in hospitality.
9. Communication. Three dimensions of communication.
Non Violent Communication.
10. Team work. Dysfunctions of a team.
Team vs Group.
Roles of members in a Team.
Students performance will be evaluated by the following criteria:
Homework assignments: 30%
HR Project: 40%
Final Exam: 30%
• There will be regular homework assignments to deepen the understanding and practice the contents dealt with in class. Some of them will be individual, some team assignments.
• The HR project is a practical project that students will conduct in small teams around central questions of a fictitious business plan project (Organisational structure, number of employees, qualification profiles, personnel costs, etc.).
• The final exam (last session) will test students’ individual knowledge in the field of HR and focus on theoretical aspects.