1. The psychological and anthropological background of literature for children
2. Narrative skills for storytelling in the classroom
3. Distinctive features of stories, fairy tales and literature for children
4. The development of literature for children in English-speaking counties
5. Available resources for ELT teachers
(30%) Participation in class, daily research assignments, and compulsory readings; (30%) the telling of a story in class; (40%) a final course paper exploiting the previous story, and commenting on the concepts and resources analysed in class.