1. Student introductions: interests and ambitions
2. Current vocabulary for the social sciences.
3. Understanding articles on social science subjects.
4. Writing a summary of an article.
5. Listening: students impression of an MBA course
6. Speaking: discussion on changing demography and related problems.
7. Vocabulary related to finance and economics.
8. Speaking: discussion on the current financial crisis, the causes and the solutions.
9. Vocabulary and language for the world of work.
10. Writing your C.V. and covering letter in English.
11. Speaking: legal systems. Describing the legal systems of English speaking countries.
12. Listening: video the work of a barrister.
13. Language for crime and punishment.
14. Speaking: Public persons and privacy.
15. Speaking: prisons and punishment - what are they for?
16. Language for statistics.
17. Writing a statistical report.
18. The court system and legal personnel
19. Business vocabulary.
20. Speaking: business and the environment.
21. Listening activity: ethical business practice.