1. Introduction of lecturer and students. Subject plan. Person-centered care. Patient rights and duties. Communication with patient and family. Communication with staff. Instructions for video Project.
2. Oxygenation. Vital signs. First Aid: Shocks,respiratory distress/asthma, injuries.
3. Evaluation and skin care. Pressure ulcers.
4. Body balance. Falls and risk of falls. Assessment tools.
5. Protection measures. Hospital hygiene. Ergonomics.
6. Workshop 1.1: Bandaging/Taping
7. Workshop 1.2: Bandaging/Taping
8. Workshop 2.1: Patient transfers
9. Workshop 2.2: Patient transfers
10. Workshop 3.1: Emergency First Response
11. Workshop 3.2: Emergency First Response
Individual exam reviews (with appointment)
12. Practical Exam 1
13. Practical Exam 2
14. Theory Exam
1) The theory exam will be a multiple choice question (MCQ). It will account as 30% of the total mark. A penalty may be applied for incorrect answers. Nothing is deducted from unanswered questions.
2) Video assignment: Dealing with conflicts in health care settings
Format: Video. Include names of group members.
Type: Group work.
Task: Based on the assigned clinical scenario, film a scene that shows conflicts in health care settings followed by a resolution. Use class 1 handouts as a guideline. Maximum duration: 5 minutes. Upload it via GoogleDrive, Dropbox, etc.
The mark achieved by peer review will account as 10% of your total mark, and the teacher's mark will account for another 10% of the total mark.
3) Practical exam: 1-3 techniques, performed in pairs.
Practical exam will account for 50% of your total mark.
4) Classroom continuous assessment by teacher. Can be discretionally used by teacher.
Attendance to practical workshops is mandatory.
Students must pass both exams with a minimum mark of 5/10 in order to pass the subject. Failure to obtain 5/10 at any of the exams will imply taking BCE at the end of the semester.
Students not participating in the video project, or not handing the video project in on time will be marked with a zero for that task.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Attendance to this subject is mandatory. Students are allowed to have up to 2 unexcused absences. In case of 3 or more absences, the student will have to sit the Basic Competences Exam at the end of the semester.
Students must pass all exams with a minimum mark of 5/10 in order to pass the subject. Failure to obtain 5/10 will imply taking BCE at the end of the semester.
No exceptions will be made as to dates of exam.