- Es proposa des de la perspectiva d’equitat, analitzar l’impacte que tenen sobre la salut, els processos mediambientals, el treball, la educació, la alimentació... i com la epidemiologia, la vigilància de la salut, la protecció, prevenció i promoció poden millorar-la; identificant la gestió i organització sanitària com una eina imprescindible per fomentar la salut de les comunitats. Deontologia i bioètica. Legislació vigent. Prevenció de riscos laborals. Administració i gestió dins el sistema sanitari.
- Semestral, 1r semestre
- MARTA SAN MILLAN ALONSO
Idioma de les classes:
- Anglès (100%)
- Comunicar-se de mode efectiu i clar
- Tenir la capacitat d'aprenentatge autònom
- Resoldre problemes
- Tenir capacitat de gestió d'informació
- Aprendre a aprendre (aprendre de manera autònoma, actualitzar-se i poder aprofundir en coneixements permanentment)
- Resoldre problemes complexos de forma efectiva en el camp de la Fisioteràpia.
- Aplicar pensament crític, lògic i creatiu, mostrant dots d'innovació.
- Treballar de forma autònoma amb responsabilitat i iniciativa.
- Treballar en equip de forma col·laborativa i responsabilitat compartida.
- Comunicar informació, idees, problemes i solucions de manera clara i efectiva en públic o àmbit tècnic concrets.
- Sensibilització en temes mediambientals
- Gestionar projectes tècnics o professionals complexos.
- Utilitzar de manera avançada les tecnologies de la informació i la comunicació.
1. Health & public health: basic concepts
2. Legislation and health management
3. Disease in public health
4. Environmental public health
7. Human variability in public health
||Hores amb professor
||Hores sense professor
||Hores virtuals amb professor
|Treball en equip
- Elena Andresen, Erin DeFries Bouldin. (2010). Public health foundations : concepts and practices (First edition ). San Francisco,: Jossey-Bass.
- Japhet Killewo, Kristian Heggenhougen and Stella R. Quah (2010). Epidemiology and Demography in Public Health. Academic Press.
- Richard Dicker, Fatima Coronado, Denise Koo, Roy Gibson Parrish (2012). Principles of Epidemiology in Public Health Practice (Third). US Department of Health and Human Services.
- David Salisbury, Mary Ramsay, Karen Noakes (2006). Immunisation against infectious disease. The Stationery Office.
- SNS Spanish National Health System (2006). . Recuperat , a http://www.msc.es/en/estadEstudios/estadisticas/docs/LIBRO-BAJA-INGLES.PDF
- Mary-Jane Schneider (2011). Introduction to Public Health (Third). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Milestones in Public Health: Accomplisments in Public Health over the Last 100 y (2006). Pfizer Global Pharmaceutical.
- World Health Organization (1998). Health promotion glossary. World Health Organization.
Avaluació i qualificació
|Descripció de l'activitat
||Avaluació de l'activitat
||Deep knowledge of the subject contents
|Partial exam on Moodle platform
||Content learning and training for the final exam
|Exposition on a public health topic in group
||Information search; creativity & format; reliable references; organized content with sections;
FINAL EXAM + CONTINUOUS EVALUATION ACTIVITIES
1. FINAL EXAM (60 %)
There will be a written EXAM composed of 40 multiple choice questions about the content of the subject. Each question will have five possible answers, only one of which is correct. Incorrect answers will result in a loss of 1/4 of the value of each question.
It is essential to obtain a minimum of 4.5 in this final exam in order to evaluate the subject together with the continuous assessment activities and be able to pass the course.
The final score is graded in the following manner:
* SCORE [4.5 - 10] The score on the final exam (60%) is added to the continuous evaluation activities (30% + 10%) and an average is generated. The student passes if the final average is equal to or greater than 5.0.
* SCORE [0.0 - 4.49] None of the other scores from the other activities will be weighted, regardless of the student’s grade and the student will need to complete the makeup exam (BCE) to pass the course.
For the final exam:
1) Please bring your student ID card. If you do not have your ID with you, you will need to report your student ID number, but your grade may not be accessible during the grading period.
2) Please bring a calculator to answer some of the questions. You will not be allowed to use your cell phone during ANY part of the exam. You will also not be allowed to share calculators.
Review of exams will only be completed on the date and time provided by the Coordination Department. Under no circumstances may it be carried out remotely or on another date or time.
2. CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT ACTIVITIES
During the semester, two activities will be completed:
1. Moodle exam about partial content of the subject (10 %).
2. Exposition of content related with Public Health in groups (30 %).
Detailed information regarding both continuous assessment activities and their assessment criteria will be provided to the students during the course.
1. In the case of a student repeating a course, the grades of the continuous assessment activities of previous courses are not included in the final score (you must submit them again to pass the course).
2. The presentation of the same or similar continuous assessment work to students who are repeating the subject is not allowed.
3. If you are repeating the course, students are prohibited from submitting the same or similar assignments (complete or partial plagiarism) towards the completion of the continuous assessment.
4. If students submit the same or similar assignments, then a grade of ZERO will be awarded and Coordination and Management will be notified to open a disciplinary file to the student.
5. The existence of an anti-plagiarism program of the Universitat de Girona is recalled that detects the percentage of plagiarism with assigments from other years / other subjects / other centers or from the network directly, even in pages translated into other languages.
6. Class attendance is voluntary / optional.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
A student will be considered as "Not submitted" when he/she does not attend either of the continuous assessment activities nor makeup exam.
Once the student has handed in any activity within the continuous assessment, the evaluation will be considered as initiated and all the sections designed in the qualification criteria will be classified as 0 (zero) when not presented and / or not submitted according to the teacher's intructions.
The EUSES evaluation system (Center attached to the UdG) is, in general, the continuous assessment. If the student wants to take the single assessment, it is an essential requirement that he/she communicate this IN WRITING to the responsible teacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND to the grade coordinator during the first two weeks of the semester.
The single evaluation will consist of:
1. Final exam (70%) composed of 40 multiple choice questions about the content of the subject. Each question will have five possible answers, only one of which is correct. Incorrect answers will result in a loss of 1/4 of the value of each question.
2. Complementary exam (30%) on the understanding of a scientific article related to the content of the subject that will be provided at the beginning of the exam. The exam questions will be open (not multiple choice questions) and will be related to both the content of the article and the content of the subject.
There are TWO essential requirements to pass the course:
1. Get a grade in the final exam (70%) greater than or equal to 5.0.
2. Get a grade in the complementary exam (30%) greater than or equal to 5.0.
In any other case, the student must go to the recovery exam whose MAXIMUM NOTE will be 5.0 (all those passed will necessarily have to take a 5.0 to pass and will obtain a maximum grade of 5.0).
Requisits mínims per aprovar:
To pass the course, there are TWO essential requirements 1) To score in the final exam greater than or equal to 4.5 AND 2)it is necessary to obtain a final weighted minimum note of 5.0 (exam + continuous assessment activities).
In any other case, the student must go to the recovery exam whose MAXIMUM NOTE will be 5.0 (all those passed will necessarily have to take a 5.0 to pass and will obtain a maximum grade of 5.0). The qualification of continuous assessment activities will not be consider in any case.
Continuous assessment activities have no minimum grade.
The tutorials can be done face to face in the classrooms enabled for this purposes and / or virtual via videoconference, depending on the availability of both parties and the health situation.
For concrete and specific questions, the student can:
a) (Recommended) Participate in the Moodle Forum enabled for questions, where all classmates can enrich themselves with the information provided by both the students and the teacher, generating collaborative learning.
b) Email the teacher to email@example.com
Comunicacio i interacció amb l'estudiantat
TEACHER - STUDENT
All the information of the subject will be provided during the lectures and will be published on Moodle.
All news, relevant information or reminders will be published in the Moodle News and Communication Forum, whose messages will be sent directly to the associated email account of the students.
STUDENT - TEACHER
Besides the direct communication with the teacher during the lectures, the only way to communicate with the teacher will be through the email firstname.lastname@example.org
Replies will be made as soon as possible.
The subject has been designed in three parts that, together, seek a self-management of the student. Based on the theoretical framework presented by the teacher, the student must:
1.Complement the theoretical framework with related readings both provided by the teacher and found by the student.
2. Carry out research related to the exposed matter.
3. Make a critical review of the theoretical framework exposed in the classroom.
In order to optimally achieve the objectives of the course, it is recommended the student:
1. Evaluate and use as a theoretical context of the subject the documents identified as basic information (and complementary if you would like to deepen) that you will find on the web of the subject.
2. Identify, filter and use didactic materials of recognized academic prestige when making bibliographic searches and cite them under a validated and unique method.
3. Identify, cite and relate your critical reviews with basic, complementary readings and research materials.
- Identifying the social factors influencing the health status of individuals, families and the community, health education and the learning process itself throughout life.
- Knowing and practicing the profession based on the the health system organisation and its main policies.
- Understanding the psychosocial aspects in the physiotherapist-patient relationship.
- Identifying the factors involved in teamwork and leadership situations.
Modificació del disseny
Modificació de les activitats:
*** In case of scenario I (face-to-face), the activities will remain as in the original design.
*** In case of scenario IV (lockdown), due to the impossibility of carrying out the face to face activities:
1. Lectures will be taught through videoconferences.
2. There will be a single class session by videoconference for both groups.
3. Some theoretical-practical lectures will be restructured and / or adapted to be carried out through virtual platforms and will be complemented with additional non-evaluable activities proposed by Moodle to guide students in the learning process and assess their understanding of the contents.
Modificació de l'avaluació:
*** In case of scenario I (face-to-face), both the final exam (60%), as well as the Moodle test (10%) and the presentations (30%) will have the same structure as in the original design.
*** In case of scenario IV (lockdown):
1. The final exam (60% of the final grade for the course) will have the same structure as in the original design and will be performed online through the Moodle platform.
2. The Moodle partial test (10%) will be kept in the same format as in the original design.
3. The presentations (30%) will be made in groups by videoconference with the same rules, assessment criteria and time.
Tutoria i comunicació:
*** In case of scenario I (face-to-face), the tutorials can be carried out both in person and virtually depending on the availability of both parties.
*** In case of scenario IV (lockdown), due to the impossibility of making any communication face to face, students can request tutorials with the teacher via email (email@example.com) to be done by videoconference according to availability of both parties.
*** In case of scenario I (face-to-face):
1. Any communications will be carried out exclusively during the face to face lectures as usual and through the Moodle News and Communication Forum.
2. In the case the students want to communicate with the teacher, they should do it through::
- Institutional email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Specific Moodle forum for questions (collaborative learning)
- Before, during or after face-to-face classes, as usual.
*** In case of scenario IV (lockdown), due to the impossibility of making any communication face to face:
1. Any communications will be carried out exclusively during the videoconference lectures (by chat) and through the Moodle News and Communication Forum.
2. In the case the students want to communicate with the teacher, they should do it through:
- Institutional email (email@example.com)
- Specific Moodle forum for questions (collaborative learning)
- Chat during the virtual lectures, so that the teacher can solve the doubts simultaneously.