At the University of Girona exchange mobility students are supposed to arrive at the beginning of the semester, in time for the Orientation & Welcoming Day and before school starts. However, the UdG is aware that institutional calendars might differ, mainly for those coming for the second semester. In order to solve that, exchange/mobility students are allowed to arrive within NO MORE than 15 days later of the official start date of their Faculty. Students coming to do projects or practicums may arrive later ONLY with specific permission from the host Faculty or School. E-mail communications with this office included as a recipient will be enough. PLEASE check the mobility and exchange calendar for the 2019/20 academic year.
Once you get to UdG and if you shouldn´t attend the Orientation & Welcoming Day, your first visit should be to the External Relations Office (Campus Montilivi), that is also your contact point for any consultation you need before coming or during your stay.
At the External Relations Office we will register your arrival and provide you with information about:
- Registering at the University and obtaining a UdG student card
- Getting in contact with your tutor at the UdG to solve all academic issues.
- Obtaining a sports facilities card
- Fill in and sign the "arrival certificate"
- Catalan culture and language courses
- ESN contact
- Information about VISA /NIE and other useful information
The Orientation & Welcoming Day is considered to be the first official day the exchange mobility students spend at the University of Girona. It is organised twice a year, at the beginning of each semester, and is intended to personally provide newcomers with relevant information (UdG student card, appointments with academic tutors...). If you cannot attend the O&W Day, please inform us by email and tell us your arrival date.
Exchange/mobility students are asked to bring the following documents with them:
- Identity card or passport (+1 photocopy)
- European health insurance card (european students) / Health Insurance (non european students) (+1 photocopy)
- Learning agreement