1. The psychological and anthropological background of literature for children.
2. Narrative skills for storytelling in the classroom.
3. Distinctive features of stories, fairy tales and literature for children.
4. The development of literature for children in English-speaking counties.
5. Available ELT materials and resources for storytellers and teachers.
(1) Participation in class; (2) daily research assignments; (3) the telling of a single story in class; (4) a final course paper on the previous story applying the same structured methodology followed in class.
The choice of story must be decided in tutorial meetings.
Fluency in English is as important as contents in class participation and papers.
This course is especially intended for 2nd and 3rd year students who enjoy stories, and students who are interested in the uses of storytelling.
Students who have attended "La Cultura Anglesa" are better prepared to appreciate the social and historical background of children's literature in English.