1. 1. Definition of Augmentative and Alternative Communication systems (AAC).
2. When can we use AAC?
3. Classification of AAC.
4. The continuum of functional communication.
5. Symbols vs. Photos. The use of Symbols.
6. Introduction to the use of PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System).
7. 9 Critical Communication Skills: the use of visual schedules, work systems and other picture-based strategies.
8. Sign language in our country and abroad.
9. Specialised hardware and software to facilitate communication.
10. Alternative AAC for people with learning difficulties or communication difficulties.