1. A revision and development of the phonological skills acquired in Fonètica (sounds, words, connected speech, stress, rhythm and intonation patterns.)
2. Teaching and learning pronunciation. The teacher´s role and the learner´s role. Pronunciation goals.
3. Factors that affect English pronunciation learning.
4. Analysis and development of classroom activities and material to respond to our learner´s pronunciation needs.
Individual, pair and group work.
A combination of theory, ear training and practical exercises.
Use of recordings (songs, rhymes, riddles,…) and other material (Internet) to plan
activities for children.
PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE SUBJECT
- Practical credits will be combined with theory in most classes.
- There will be a mixture of the following activities:
reading, writing, listening and speaking.
discussion of articles.
workshops: recordings, use and analysis of possible activities to be used with children in Primary schools.
Participation in class.
Ear training exercises.
A final paper based on material used and analysed in class.