2. 1) Articulatory phonetics
3. - the vocal organs.
4. - places of articulation.
5. - manners of articulation.
6. - the articulation of vowel and consonant sounds. Ear training.
7. 2) Phonology and phonetic transcription
8. - the transcription of vowels.
9. - the transcription of consonants.
10. - phonetic transcription. Ear training.
11. 3) English words and sentences in connected speech
12. - strong and weak forms.
13. - stressed and non-stressed syllables.
14. - rhythm units.
15. - intonation: the falling tune, the rising tune, the falling-rising tune. Ear training.
16. - link-up.
17. - contractions.
18. - clusters.
PRACTICAL ACTIVITES OF THE SUBJECT:
Practical credits will be combined with theory in most cases.
There will be a mixture of reading, writing, transcription, ear training and other type of activities
Self-access room practice.
A combination of theory, ear training and practical exercises combined with phonetic transcriptions.
There will be individual, pair and group work.
Phonetic transcriptions and ear training exercises done in class. 10%
1 written exam. 90%