The Modern Language Service have as an objective to give support to the members of the university community in the area of the language learning, the linguistic quality and the promotion of the linguistic diversity, from the commitment with the Catalan language as a preferred institutional language and the promotion of the multilingualism and the interculturality.
The tasks that he carries out are the following ones:
- Four-month or annual courses of different levels of Catalan, English, German, French and other languages, of different duration and modality according to the type of course.
- Administration of examinations and tests to prove the attainment of levels of domain of languages.
- Translation and correction of institutional texts, administrative officers and teachers. The languages of work are the Catalan, the Castilian, the English and the French.
- Creation of tools and resources that contribute to the linguistic reception of students and foreign staff and that foster the internationalisation at home.
- Elaboration of linguistic resources that contribuexin to the attainment of the linguistic excellence to its users.