1. To know both the physical and technical basis of ultrasounds in diagnosis.
2. To develop skills for the basic operation of an ultrasound machine.
3. To know the applications, limitations, and major indications that ultrasounds have in the study of the musculoskeletal system for the graduate in Medicine.
4. To be able to identify main artifacts in the ultrasound image of the locomotor system.
5. To recognize, from the anatomical point of view, the main structures shown in the sectional anatomy of the regions of greatest clinical relevance in the musculoskeletal system.
6. To be able to recognize by ultrasound those anatomical structures of the locomotor system which are of major clinical relevance for the graduate in Medicine.
7. To develop practical skills for a basic and systematic ultrasound examination of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. To be able for identify the main anatomical structures in these regions.
8. To develop practical skills for a basic and systematic ultrasound examination of the hip, knee, ankle and foot. To be able for identify the main anatomical structures in these regions.
9. To develop practical skills for a basic and systematic ultrasound examination of the neck. To be able for identify its main musculoskeletal and neurovascular anatomical structures.
10. To understand the ultrasound image of the most prevalent diseases in the musculoskeletal system: joint hidrops, bursitis, tenosynovitis, calcifications, tendon tear, muscle tear.
11. To develop skills to perform ultrasound-guided punctures.
To pass the elective it is necessary a minimum mark of 5.0 out 10.0 both in the PBL sessions and in the global assessment.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Specific qualification of "No presentat" will achieve when the student doesn't go in for the global assessment.