1. Appreciate the importance of culture as a teaching tool.
2. Reflect on what we mean by culture.
3. Identify and discuss different definitions of culture.
4. Identify and debate critical issues related to culture and language learning
5. Critically analyse cultural artefacts and practices in the context of the foreign language classroom
Specific assessment criteria regarding individual tasks provided at the beginning of the module 40 %
Specific assessment criteria regarding group tasks provided at the beginning of the module 60%
It is necessary to attend a minimum of 80% of the lessons in order to pass the subject. The practical and interactive work carried out in class is considered to be a vital part of the learning process. Non attendance can only be approved in exceptional circumstances. However, in such cases, and to reflect the lack of class work carried out, the maximum mark that can be obtained from all work submitted is 6