This year the Cross-border Doctoral Days will be organized by the University of Girona.
The Doctoral Days are a series of seminars sponsored by the universities of Perpignan, Toulouse, Montpellier, the Balearic Islands and Girona.
They aim is to promote the hiring of young French and Catalan doctors in both the public and private sectors. The Doctoral Days will take place in a hotel near Girona, from 14 to 18 May 2012.
The Doctoral Days are open to doctoral students at French and Catalan universities who are in the final thesis-writing stage of their studies.
They focus on the various possibilities for a career in research: research centres, business, entrepreneurial initiative.
The goals are to:
- Improve the doctoral students’ skills and knowledge, as well as their creativity and innovative capacity.
- Improve the professional perspectives of doctors in Europe.
- Start private and public companies on both sides of the Pyrenees.
- Improve relations between the universities, departments and research centres of North and South Catalonia.
The aims of the seminar are to:
- Work on an innovative project with doctoral students from different knowledge areas and different nationalities.
- Visit different companies and places of special interest.
- Organize talks for young doctors about future professional opportunities.
- Organize meetings with business owners, entrepreneurs, researchers and professors from France and Catalonia.