1. Sustainability. Tourism and community. Ecotourism. Verb + noun collocations. Chairing a meeting. Develop an eco-resort. FCE or CAE Activities.
2. Come fly with me. Airport facilities. Airport security procedures. Dealing with difficult situations. Develop airport infrastructure. FCE or CAE Activities.
3. Heritage. Describing a heritage site. Architecture. Guiding expressions. Working as a tour guide. Design a museum exhibition. FCE or CAE Activities.
4. Managing events. Collocations with event. Event management. Contracts. Understanding contracts. Make a festival profitable. FCE or CAE Activities.
5. Careers. Dependent prepositions. Applying for a job. Remuneration. Adjectives describing personality. Interviews. Recruit the right person. FCE or CAE Activities.
6. Gastronomy. Food. Culinary tourism. Describing food. Giving feedback. Plan a new itinerary. FCE or CAE Activities.
7. Risk. Types of risk. Risk prevention. Adventure sports. Dealing with crises.
The Olympic Game. FCE or CAE Activities.
Students may opt to follow a continuous assessment system (activities and tests) at specified times during the academic year until May. If the final result of the Continuous Assessment is below 5 (the pass mark) or the student has decided not to follow it, the student may take the final annual exams (written & oral) in June (convocatorias ordinaria y extraordinaria) which are published by the school administration.
The following table illustrates the weighted average grade for the continuous assessment:
Mid-Term Autumn Exam 12%
January Semester Exam 14%
Mid-Term Spring Exam 12%
May Semester Exam 14%
Skills Tests (2) 10%
Writing Tests (2) 10%
Oral Tests (2) 28%
The final weight of the final annual exams is as follows:
Final annual exams (Convocatoria ordinaria or extraordinaria):
Writing (minimum 4): 20%
A minimum mark of 4 is required in the written section of the final exams.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Segons normativa de la Universitat de Girona:
La qualificació de "No Presentat" exhaureix convocatòria de qualificació als efectes previstos en la normativa de Permanència i progressió en estudis de grau de la Universitat de Girona.
Students are advised against plagiarism and copying. Any detected and proved case of plagiarism or copying will automatically be marked as a “0” (zero).
The dates of Skills Tests and Seminars will be announced with due notice.
Students following the continuous assessment may only miss 3 tests or assessed activities, for which they do not need to provide a justification, except for the January and May/June/July exams where only a medical or work justification will be accepted.
Under no circumstances can any of the oral tests, skills tests, tests and seminars be taken on a different date.
A maximum of 3 assessed activities can be excused, including those that require a justification (Term and annual exams) and those which do not require one (Skills Tests and Orals).
At the beginning of the course students will be provided with some further guidelines on the subject.