1. - How children learn languages. The aims of early learning of English.
2. - Language acquisition, language learning and language teaching. Recent approaches.
3. -Analysis of some language teaching methods: Grammar-Translation, Direct Method, Audiolingualism, TPR ,The Communicative Approach...
4. - Teaching language learning skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing
5. - The role of grammar. Learning English vocabulary. Learning the pronunciation of English.
6. - Lesson planning: before the lesson, procedures, after the lesson.
Classroom sessions will be presented in a variety of modes: lectures, experimental, discussions, creating and trying material. The course aims to be participative Individual, pair and group-discussion work.Use of audiovisual material.
PRACTICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE SUBJECT
Practical credits will be combined with theory in most classes. There will be a mixture of reading, writing, debate, workshops, video and other type of activities.
Participation in class.
One written exam (50% of the mark)
Presentation of a point from the programme to the class followed by a class debate on the topic (in pairs) (45% of the mark)
Preparation of materials for school use (in groups)
All students will be required to do some daily research assignments.
In order to pass the subject the exam and the oral presentation marks should not be lower than 5