A mentor guides you, orientates and advises you in developing your project. They save you time and effort, thanks to their degree of knowledge and experience.
Some typical aspects that it can help you in are:
- Developing a business model
- Product development
- Customer validation
- Recruitment of talent (creating interview processes for suitable candidates)
- Team training (creation of a work culture that reflects your values and goals)
- Capital capture (design of a funding strategy, identification of potential investors)
- Business and commercial contacts
- Advice in strategic decision making
Finally, a mentor can also end up being a great friend and a partner for your company, because they know you so well.