To apply for the Erasmus Mundus European Master in Tourism Management please follow steps 1-6 below.
Note: All documents must be saved in pdf format and the name must include applicant's name and surname in the form "name_surname" (eg. 0.AF_Joan_Mendez.pdf)
download the EMTM application form (EMTM Application Form 2013/2015)
fill it in, sign it, scan it and save as 0.AF_name_surname (placing corresponding name and surname of the applicant), in pdf format
prepare the following required documents in the corresponding formats:
1. Curriculum Vitae (Europass EU format) (saved as: 1.CV_name_surmane.pdf)
2. A certified copy of your university degree diploma/s scanned and saved as 2a.UD_name_surname.pdf; and if necessary also the official English translation of the diploma saved as 2a.UDtranslation_name_surname.pdf. If you have more than one degree, then, follow the same rule but use 2b, 2c, …. instead of 2a at the beginning of the file(s) name.
3. A certified transcript of course grades scanned and saved as 3a.CT_name_surname.pdf; and if necessary also the official English translation of the transcript saved as 3a.CTtranslation_name_surname.pdf. If you have more than one degree, then, follow the same rule but use 3b, 3c, …. instead of 3a at the beginning of the file(s) name. The letter used in the name of the transcript file needs to correspond to the letter in the name of the degree diploma file.
4. A motivation letter stating the motivation to undertake the EMTM programme, professional experience (if any), expectations of the programme and future prospects (saved as 4.ML_name_surname.pdf)
5. Proof of competence in English language (saved as 5.CE_name_surname.pdf)
6. Two letters of recommendation. These must include e-mail, contact address and telephone number of the recommending professor (scanned and saved as 6a.LR_name_surname.pdf, and 6b.LR_name_surname.pdf)
7. A copy of a valid passport (scanned and saved as 7.PC_name_surname.pdf)
For non-EU candidates the expiry date must not be before December of the year of finishing the EMTM studies (for example: EMTM 2013/2015 – the expiry date has to be minimum December 2015). It is possible to apply on the base of the passport which does not fulfill this condition. However it is important to apply for the new passport immediately after receiving the acceptance to the programme. In case of the applicants from countries where the application for the new passport takes longer than one month it is highly recommended to apply for the new passport in advance.
*Please note that the application for the Danish Residency permit takes up to 4 months using a copy passport valid three months longer than the end of the master programme.
For EU candidates the expiry date of the passport or the national ID card, must not be before December of the year of finishing the EMTM studies (example: EMTM 2013/2015 – expiry date has to be minimum December 2015).
8. Save any other documents as 8.OD_name_surname.pdf
prepare a .zip or .rar file including all the above documents, in the format name_surname.zip or name_surname.rar. Please note that it cannot exceed more than 8MB in total, so please check the size of the files of scanned documents
apply on-line and upload the .zip or .rar file containing all the digital copies of the required documents, by clicking below:
Candidates applying for EMTM programme and not applying for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship, please send a copy of your .zip or .rar application file also to to the e-mail address of EMTM Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org
please wait for the validation notification which will be sent to the e-mail address provided in your on-line application after the deadline:
- if there are any doubts during any stage of the evaluation procedure, we will contact you and ask for further explanation
- incomplete or late applications will not be considered
only accepted applicants will be asked to sent by post their EMTM Application Form together with the documents listed below to EMTM Secretariat address, after the announcement of the selection results in April 2013:
EMTM Consortium Secretariat
University of Girona
Faculty of Tourism
Edifici Sant Domènec
Pl. Ferrater Mora, 1
17071 Girona (Catalonia)
Checklist of documents to be posted:
- EMTM application form
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae in Europass format*
- Certified copy of university degree(s) diploma(s) and official translation into English** (if necessary)
- Certified transcripts of the course(s) grades and official translation into English** (if necessary)
- Letter of motivation
- Proof of English language competence (official score report of TOEFL, IELTS or CAE/CPE certificate)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Clear copy of passport (the expiry date shall not be before Dec 2015)
* All applicants should include an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Europass CV format.
** All applicants must provide certified copies of the University Diplomas and the corresponding Official Transcripts. In the case that the documents are in a language other than English, please also send a certified copy of their oficial English translation.
Attention: Copies of original documents are only properly certified when the stamp of certification includes an official seal or stamp and the original signature of the corresponding office holder.
All copies requiring certification must be certified individually.
Copies of certified copies cannot be accepted.
Please note that the posted documents will not be sent back to applicants after assessment.