1. Introduction to pre and post-process programs
2. Types of finite elements
3. Geometric modelling and meshing techniques
4. Boundary conditions
5. Linear elastic material models
7. Coupling and constraint equations. Submodelling
8. Nonlinear analysis. Geometric nonlinearities
9. Material nonlinearities
11. Heat transfer
12. Flow-structure interaction
13. Analysis of vibration and modal dynamics
Exercise program throughout the course and its evaluation by hanging in results and reports.
PE = Practical short exercises
SE = Simulations and engineering cases
FM= 0.4*PE + 0.6*SE
For a given category (i.e. PE, SE), the student will have to present individual reports covering all the contents of the course that will be evaluated, corrected, marked and returned to the student to improve the assimilation of the different concepts of the course.
The mark for each category (PE, SE) is the mean of the individual reports’ marks. To pass the course, a minimum mark of 5 over 10 is needed.
Evaluation activities cannot be retaken.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Those students that do not hang in all the reports in the established delivery time will receive a No Show (NP) mark.