1. Sustainability. Reporting verbs. Tourism and community. Ecotourism. Verb + noun collocations. Chairing a meeting. Develop an eco-resort. FCE or CAE Activities.
2. Come fly with me. The passive. Airport facilities. Airport security procedures. Dealing with difficult situations. Develop airport infrastructure. FCE or CAE Activities.
3. Heritage. Talking about the past. Describing a heritage site. Architecture. Guiding expressions. Working as a tour guide. Design a museum exhibition. FCE or CAE Activities.
4. Managing events. Hypothetical situations. Colocations with event. Event management. Contracts. Understanding contracts. Make a festival profitable. FCE or CAE Activities.
5. Careers. Dependent prepositions. Applying for a job. Remuneration. Adjectives describing personality. Interviews. Recruit the right person. FCE or CAE Activities.
6. Gastronomy. Relative clauses. Food. Culinary tourism. Describing food. Giving feedback. Plan a new itinerary. FCE or CAE Activities.
7. Risk. Modal verbs. Types of risk. Risk prevention. Adventure sports. Dealing with crises.
The Olympic Game. FCE or CAE Activities.
Students may opt to follow a continuous assessment system (work and tests) at specified times during the academic year until May. If the final result of the Continuous Assessment is below 5 (the pass mark) or the student has decided not to follow it, the student may take the final annual exams (written & oral) in June (convocatorias ordinaria y extraordinaria) which are published by the school administration.
The following table illustrates the weighted average grade for the continuous assessment:
Mid-Term Autumn Exam 8%
January Semester Exam 14%
Mid-Term Spring Exam 8%
May Semester Exam 14%
Skills Tests (4) 20%
Seminars (4) 20%
Oral Test 6%
This is the weight of the different parts of the annual exams
Final annual exams (Convocatoria ordinaria or extraordinaria):
Writing (minimum 4): 20%
A minimum mark of 4 is required in the written section of the final exams.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Segons normativa de la Universitat de Girona:
La qualificació de "No Presentat" exhaureix convocatòria de qualificació als efectes previstos en la normativa de Permanència i progressió en estudis de grau de la Universitat de Girona.
Students are advised against plagiarism and copying. Any detected and proved case of plagiarism or copying will automatically be marked as a “0” (zero).
The dates of Skills Tests and Seminars will be announced in due time.
Students following the continuous assessment may only miss 3 tests or assessed activities with no need of justification, except January and May/June/July exams where only a medical or work justification will be needed and accepted. Under no circumstances can any of the oral tests, skills tests, tests and seminars be taken on a different date.
A maximum of 3 assessed activities can be excused, including those with necessarily a justification (Term and annual exams) and those which do not require one (Skills Tests, Seminars and Orals).
At the beginning of the course students will be provided with some further guidelines on the subject.