1. Introduction of lecturer and students. Subject plan. Person-centered care. Patient rights and duties. Communication with patient and family. Communication with staff. Teamwork
2. Oxygenation. Vital signs. ICU. First Aids: assessment. Urgencies. Shocks.Types of emergency situations (respiratory distress/asthma, etc). Cardiovascular care. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Workshop 1: first aids (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
4. Drugs administration. Evaluation and skin care. Wounds: assessment and treatment (healing). Hemorrhages. Skin injuries. Burns.
5. Pressure and vascular ulcers. Vascular bandage. Nutrition. Healthy diet. Specific diets for common diseases. Enteral and parenteral nutrition.
6. Trauma injuries. Bandages for trauma injuries. Tapping.
7. Workshop 2: bandages/tapping.
8. Body balance. Falls and risk of falls. Assessment tools.
9. Prevention of falls.
10. Mobility assessment. Immobility syndrome. Early mobilization.
11. Incontinence: assessment and treatment.
12. Protection measures. Hospital hygiene. Ergonomics. Prevention of job-related injuries. Back school exercises.
13. Ergonomics and prevention of injuries for physiotherapists. Patient mobilization techniques: standing, walking and other transfers.
14. Workshop 3: patient mobilizations (transfers). Back school exercises.
15. Practical exam.
16. Final Theoretical Exam. Final course evaluation.