1. 1. Strategic financial planning
1.1. Main goals.
1.2. How to implement planning.
1.4. Financing alternatives and possible decisions.
2. Business finance
2.1. Introduction and objectives.
2.2. Revenue management.
2.3. Investment Budget.
2.4. Sources of finance.
3. How to implement strategic forecast
3.1. Operating Income forecasted (Operating Profit).
3.2. Cash Flow projections (Financial needs).
3.3. Capital Budget (Applications and Sources of financing).
3.4. Balance Sheet forecasted (Stability degree).
4. Case study I
4.1. Case study Hotel Anextia.
4.2. Strategic viability and profitability analysis.
4.3. Proposals and conclusions.
5. Case study II
5.1. Case study Newness Hotel.
5.2. Strategic viability and profitability analysis.
5.3. Proposals and conclusions.
6. Strategic company´s valuation
6.1. Building successful strategies.
6.2. Main valuation methodologies.
6.3. Discounted Cash Flow (D.C.F.).
6.4. Residual value.
6.5. Shareholders value.
7. Strategic company´s valuation
7.1.The Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC).
7.2. Cost of equity funds.
7.3. Risk factor.
7.5. Other value indicators: the multiples (PER, PBV, PSR).
8. Case study III
8.1. Case study to develop (students).
8.2. Group presentations.
8.3. Summary of key points.
9. Strategic Management
The assessment of the student will be established in the following way:
• 60% of each student’s grade will rely upon continuous evaluation: lecture attendance, case discussion and class participation.
• The remaining 40% will be obtained through a final exam on the studied topics.