1. Selling Dreams: Grammar: tense review or present and past tenses, review of future tesnes and time clauses, Vocabulary: Money matters, describing locations, working out prices. Professional Skills: Marketing. FCE or CAE Activities.
2. Getting there: Grammar: multi-word verbs, prepositions of time and place, zero and first conditionals, Vocabulary: Transport and travel. Professional Skills: Dealing with the public. FCE or CAE Activities.
3. Accommodation: Grammar: Modal verbs; Vocabulary: Types of accommodation, facilities and services; Professional Skills: dealing with complaints. FCE or CAE Activities.
4. Destinations: Grammar: articles, comparatives and superlatives, so and such; Vocabulary: weather and climate, features and attractions, statistics for economic development; Professional skills: offering advice. FCE or CAE Activities.
5. Things to do: Grammar: conditional structures with if, second, third and mixed conditionals; Vocabulary: describing attractions, geographical features, works of art and calculating entrance fees and prices; Professional Skills: Speaking to a group. FCE or CAE Activities.
6. Niche tourism: Grammar: gerunds and infinitives, reported speech and questions; Vocabulary: Sectors in niche tourism, dealing with numbers and statistics; Professional skills: Dealing with figures. FCE or CAE Activities.
times during the academic year until May. If the final result of the Continuous Assessment is below 5 (the pass mark) or the student have decided not to follow it, the student may take the final annual exams (written & oral) in June (convocatorias ordinaria y extraordinaria) which are published by the school administration.
The following table illustrates the weighted average grade for the continuous assessment:
Mid-Term Autumn Exam 8%
January Semester Exam 14%
Mid-Term Spring Exam 8%
May Semester Exam 14%
Skills Tests (4) 20%
Seminars (4) 20%
Oral Test 6%
This is the weight of the different parts of the annual exams Final annual exams (Convocatoria ordinaria or extraordinaria):
Writing (minimum 4): 20%
A minimum mark of 4 is required in the written section of the final exams.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Segons normativa de la Universitat de Girona:
La qualificació de "No Presentat" exhaureix convocatòria de qualificació als efectes previstos en la normativa de Permanència i progressió en estudis de grau de la Universitat de Girona.
Students are advised against plagiarism and copying. Any detected and proved case of plagiarism or copying will automatically be marked as a “0” (zero).
The dates of Skills Tests and Seminars will be announced in due time.
Students following the continuous assessment may only miss 3 tests or assessed activities with no need of justification, except January and May/June/July exams where only a medical or work justification will be needed and accepted. Under no circumstances can any of the oral tests, skills tests, tests and seminars be taken on a
A maximum of 3 assessed activities can be excused, including those with necessarily a justification (Term and annual exams) and those which do not require one (Skills Tests,Seminars and Orals).
At the beginning of the course students will be provided with some further guidelines on the subject.