1. Study of physiological stress and its associated adverse effects on the physiological systems.
2. Identify physiological mechanisms that link stress with cognitive, emotional and physical disorders
3. Physiological mechanisms associated with physical exercise that may explain its beneficial effects on managing stress and strengthening of wellness.
4. Physiological mechanisms associated with relaxation strategies that may explain their beneficial effects on managing stress and strengthening of wellness.
5. Promotion of non-pharmacological healthy strategies that boost mental and physical wellness and explain their benefits on both public and individual health.
6. Measures and analysis of variation of physiological parameters during stress, physical exercise and relaxation activities.
Evaluation has four parts: PBL sessions, PBL exam (1st part), multiple choice questionnaire and written composition. A four cut-off mark is needed to average, except for PBL sessions which must be passed independently. Additionally, extra points may be obtained during the attendance of non-PBL activities.
In case PBL exam, multiple choice exam or group activity are failed, there will be a second opportunity. The maximum score that can be obtained from the not passed activities will be 5.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Not attending PBL sessions because of a non justified reason.
It is recommended attend the present elective module only once the modules of Structure and Function of the Human Body (M2, M3, M5 and M6) has been successfully completed.