1. Vital signs. Signs and symptoms suggestive of severity.
2. Triage systems.
3. Main reasons for consultation in emergency services.
4. Models of care of emergency services and their relationship with the healthcare services in the community.
5. Models of health care systems. Rationalization of resources. Responsible use of emergency services.
6. Communication with patients and families and ethical issues in an emergency environment.
7. Critical analysis of research and clinical evidence.
8. Use of medical terms in English related to emergency medicine
Evaluation has two parts (PBL sessions and PBL exam) and both of them must be passed independently.
- PBL sessions evaluation will account for 50% of the module evaluation.
Criteria (Grade proportion)
Learning abilities (25%)
- The PBL exam is going to account for the other 50%.
1st Part 45%
2nd Part 45%
Clarity of expression, concisenes and legibility 10%
- In the recovery test, the maximum score that can be obtained from the not passed activities will be 5 if the student is considered eligible, regardless of the grade the student gets in this evaluation. This note will average the grade obtained by the student in the other activities that the student previously passed.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Not attending at the PBL sessions.