1. Childhood and evolution of social problems: a historical perspective.
2. Legal and political framework regarding children rights and child protection.
3. Risk, protection, needs, vulnerability and resilience.
4. Introduction to child abuse and neglect.
5. Introduction to the juvenile justice system.
6. The decision-making process in the child protection system.
7. The rights of children in public care.
The exam and the other exercises requires a score of 5 or higher to pass. All the written exercises are compulsory.
Criteris específics de la nota «No Presentat»:
Those who will not submit the exercises and the exam will be graded as "No Presentat".
The lectures will be in English. However, students can write the exam and the exercises in Catalan, Spanish or English.